OEM Speakers?

thahn1608

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get OEM speakers - or know who made the speakers for the Gen1 Alpine system?

I read a thread where the OEMs are decent speakers and the LS I just bought has that dreaded buzz and no highs so I'm thinking I may have a blown speaker or two - more diagnostics this weekend... But if I need one or two new ones where can I get them outside of the dealer?

I got my FORScan hookup tonight and made not shortage of its use! Wow is this thing nice. I had a bunch of old codes I cleared (most from a low battery voltage), but I have a B2406 for a which is a failure on the single disc player. I have a 6 CD Alpine system... Not sure how the B2406 applies, but I do know that the CD changer doesn't work. I really want to keep this this OEM, but we'll see. So far this is the only thing I've found running all of the diagnostics on FORScan. This seems to be a pretty solid car with only 39,000 miles!

~PBLS

I do know that the CD changer doesn't work.

That is a common problem with heavy use. There are some Ebay sellers that have the factory 6 disc. A few of them have added a jack for an Ipod... using the aux button.

Make sure you check seller feedback... and IIRC... some of the 6 disc models are vehicle specific.

And please tell me that you aren't talking about the "12 speaker" (actually 8) system.

The Audiophile has a side-by-side tweeter and round mid mounted in a 6x8 basket in all the doors, hence those 8 plus 2 subs and 2 console speakers

upload_2020-1-3_9-33-19.png

Yes... I know. The "12" comes the 10 individual drivers... with 2 more being in the sides of the console. Ford called it a 12 speaker system... even though there were only 8 speaker locations.

I was hoping that this is not what Thahn1608 needed... because I just tossed mine in the scrap pile a week ago. Got tired of them taking up space in the garage. Too late now. They've been rained and snowed on.

They were replaced with Polk DB series a couple years ago. 3 working door speakers, and 1 working sub. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back