OEM Rubber Front Swaybar Bushings?

Did you lube them periodically? I read they might require re-greasing.

Did you lube them periodically? I read they might require re-greasing.

Removed them completely..cleaned them and the bar..regreased with plenty of marine grease and re-installed. No help. unfortunate because the initial installation of them completely quieted down that front end creak/occassional clunk. I still get no creak..just clunk. Ball joints are all original but I checked them over the weekend. Boots in perfect order..no tears..no cracks..no lubricant leaking.

I had mine replaced with the energy suspension one just make sure you order the correct size they do very. Mine do creak as of lately I need to lubricate them.

Replaced this weekend and the clunk is gone again.

The current energy suspensions are black..3 years ago when I replaced they were Red. not sure of any difference. Visually the old red ones looked just fine to me.

General question: What specifically is the knocking noise you hear when the bushing requires replacement to remove the knocking noise? I can never actually see..a problem with the bushing, but obviously its the culprit.

General question: What specifically is the knocking noise you hear when the bushing requires replacement to remove the knocking noise? I can never actually see..a problem with the bushing, but obviously its the culprit.

i'd like to know this as well...

The current energy suspensions are black..3 years ago when I replaced they were Red. not sure of any difference. Visually the old red ones looked just fine to me.

You can get red or black from Energy. Same material, just color preference.
Maybe they shrank enough to give too much slack? They are right next to the rad, so it's gotta get quite hot there.

Actually, from what I've read (sorry can't cite it), the black ones are different. They are softer or something along the lines, and there are differences in the required lubrication. I read this a few months ago, plus the source might not have been 100% credible.

Actually, from what I've read (sorry can't cite it), the black ones are different. They are softer or something along the lines, and there are differences in the required lubrication. I read this a few months ago, plus the source might not have been 100% credible.

Huh. Research is a good thing:
http://energysuspension.com/energy-tech/frequently-asked-questions.html

"Energy has impregnated selected black polyurethane components with graphite to add a lubrication property."

But red looks fancy

Members online

Back