OEM muffler

chappyviii

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hello everyone.
I was wondering if anyone here has cut open a mark viii oem muffler? I do not have the lsc model so I plan on adding a X-pipe with true duals but I dont want the car to be any louder. I removed the reasoner and I am happy with it but still would like the extra power. I would like to keep the factory mufflers if it has straight through design because I can not find any after market muffler that sounds oem. Any help will be appreciated!

Haha, Eric! You'll get to hear mine with LMS exhaust only and Carl's with 2003 Cobra mufflers. I think they both sound awesome. We both still have the resonators as well. James has custom exhaust in his 97 LSC and Christopher does now, too, in his 93. You'll have the chance in a couple of weeks to hear a full range of different sounds from Gen IIs. :D

Get a third muffler with the "X" inside of it and run some decent aftermarkets in back. It will still be fairly quiet especially with the cats still there.

I've cut one open, made a furnace shovel out of the shell :)
I couldn't find the pics, but to answer your ? , the stock muff has a triple chamber baffle. It totally sucks.

As above, a mid muffler with X will keep er quiet inside

Haha, Eric! You'll get to hear mine with LMS exhaust only and Carl's with 2003 Cobra mufflers. I think they both sound awesome. We both still have the resonators as well. James has custom exhaust in his 97 LSC and Christopher does now, too, in his 93. You'll have the chance in a couple of weeks to hear a full range of different sounds from Gen IIs. :D
ok thanks! i hope i can go, i am looking forward to it!

ok i have decided to go with the magnaflow dual in dual out muffler for the x pipe then two borla pro xs's in the back. I have been trying to find a used dual in dual out CAT so i can gut it and mount it in place of my Y cat because i need to pass smog here in California in 2 years but no luck yet

All of your O2 sensors are before the 3rd cat..so you can cut it off without worrying about not passing emissions. It will pass the visual test also (if they actually look under it) since there is one cat per bank still..plus lets face it there aren't nearly enough of these cars on the road for one of those guys to know that the mark viii came with three cats from the factory.

hi cappyviii welcome to the club and to answer your question,like laurie said if your going to the show on the 15th you can hear different marks and there sounds.its a bit exspensive if you by one system and don't like it then have to do it over again.I waited a year so I could get what I wanted and it was worth the wait.If you go to the show you'll see what I mean

Members online

Back