Odd issue

L_King

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen this issue or know what would cause it?

Sometimes when I get in the car and turn the key to start it, it won't start. I have power to everything but it doesn't do a thing. Turn the key back and restart it and it fires it right up.

Second weird issue when I turn it off occasionally the radio stays on and I have to take the key out turn the accessories on and back off and remove the key and then it will shut off as it should.

Lastly. Afrer removong the key the steering wheel goes up for about 1.5 seconds and comes back down instead of staying up so I can get out.

Any ideas guys?

Could the tumblers in the lock be sticky or dirty? Maybe shoot a bit of WD40 in there?

I remember joegr responding to a similar steering wheel post that it had to do with the steering wheel position sensor failing, or something to that effect.

I thought the radio was supposed to stay on for ten minutes or until a door was opened...? Unless i read you're issue wrong

Could the tumblers in the lock be sticky or dirty? Maybe shoot a bit of WD40 in there?

I remember joegr responding to a similar steering wheel post that it had to do with the steering wheel position sensor failing, or something to that effect.

Never spray wd40 in a lock. You use graphite, they make it for locks. But I would doubt its the issue as he didn't state a problem with turning the key at least that I saw

1. Probably a PATS issue. What is the PATS light doing when this happens.

2. Sounds like a data bus problem.

3. Failing position sensor in the steering wheel assembly.

I'm sure #1 is a Pats/Security issue. I have to cycle my key 1 time before it will start when the car is warm. It happens every time the car is driven a minimum of 20-30-miles. When it is warm and I turn the key on the 1st time the Pats light blinks and there is a no go for start. I turn the key off and then it starts just fine, Every time.

Ok figured it out. I took the viper alarm light up decal I had from my 01 (extra theft deterrent) and hoofed it up to the same fuses I did on the 06 as the 01. I used the cigaret lighter fuse as a constant power source and the cluster fuse as the "switch" to activate the light when the car is turned off. This is how I had it on the 01 and I had no issues, but clearly the 06 does not like that.

I realized it when I saw your statements about the PATS so I searched around here saw another post about the PATS being tied in with the cluster and it all made sense.

Now I just need to find a fuse to tie the switch wire in to for my little theft deterrent. any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.
Back