Obtain keypad codes?

Janobala

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I heave a 96 town car without the book, so the keypad code is also lost. Is there any way to obtain these? Can you take it to a dealer and have them reveal it or something.

Hello Janubala,
Nice looking car. Hope you are enjoying it. I had same issue when bought my 2004 LS last January. Service manager at (not too local) dealer said could find key code off car no problem if I brought car into dealer. However, when I took my car into dealer, I was told would be $35.00 charge to get key pad code because Lincoln would charge them for information. I passed on that greedy offer. After some very overpriced and poor work was done to car (was worse than what I stated but not truly provable as had no pictures or written estimate) my several complaints to Lincoln about this dealer, I was given keypad code and few other small free services no charge. I would rather had bill reduced and the very pathetic lack of care taking during repair of my LS corrected. I have also read online in few sights that keypad code is on OBD II ECU case. I am not sure if correct but does make sense. Hope this is some help.
Wes B

I found the code inside the trunk, on the right trunk lid arm. And it should be there on all town cars even the next generation. Just saying for any future people who may need to know this.

Is this the one you were asking about buying before
How about some pics and details about it.

KeyPad Codes

Is this the one you were asking about buying before
How about some pics and details about it.
Hello,
I looked at different LS cars for 6 months or longer, but bought this one in late January of this year. I under estimated repair of heater. Car was blowing just barely warm air no matter where temp was set. Car is really very stock sport model base sedan with ultimate trim interior. Had about 91,200 when bought. Had sat not driven for two years due to owners health. So had to do heather door repair, installed 255X45X17 Continental DWS tires. The wheels on car are 7.5" wide so tires are actually only .04" wider than max should be but kept diameter close to spot on. The front sway bar links stated to make nasty noises and were totally shot. So installed set of Moog front links and then bought and installed Energy Suspension polyurethane front sway bar to frame bushings and fasteners black in color. Had gold tint from rear windows removed and had what local small shop called "limo tint" installed in place of gold. Medium Gray exterior with what chart called light and dark stone interior. I will get some pics in as soon as can. I said that over a month ago and still have not taken one picture so really turned into slacker. Car has no sunroof, no top of line stereo, no rear seat heaters, but all electronics work great(knocking on wood now) 6 CD sound system is great, best of all is advance track, manual shift works great, engine runs hard to 6,500 RPM and caused me a few limiter cut outs. All in all the car is just plain fun to drive. My son has two cars in another class all together. An 837 Horsepower to wheels on Mustang dyno AWD EVO. So car is in short a turbocharged 2.0 liter 4 cylinder AWD 5 speed very fast little car. He also has a Turbocharged Fox Body Mustang rag top with a 347 cube 5.0 starting point car but no dyno runs. He loves my LS and how it runs and handles. He is one that actually pushed me to make offer on car after test drive. LS is truly really nice car to drive or ride in on long road trip to UP of Michigan on hilly twisting roads of Copper Harbor Area and overall great on gas considering the performance get in return. I also use Mobile 1 synthetic trans fluid with new filter and new ford fuel filter. Use Mobile 1 extended life 5-20 engine oil and Mobile 1 filter. Two changes since last January and oil staying clean for ago of car. More to do as I learn. Bought car that had been sitting two years with nothing in writing as to what was done to car. I have no idea what if anything was done to car but battery looks and acts new. It just sat outside (no cover) in Mid Michigan. I am thankful after over 4,000 miles since bought no leaks at all showed anywhere. Feel very lucky. Pics will come. Thanks for asking. I looked at many Lincolns VIII's LSC's also. Wanted the 4.6 4 cam but car was bit large for me personally.

He was talking to me.. And i have pics on Instagram, same username. This site is not mobile friendly whatsoever so I barely use it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back