Obama has not spoken to head of BP???

mmtphoto

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just heard last night that, 50 days into the one of the worst man-made disasters, the head of BP said that Obama has not spoken to him at all...WTF?

Not like it would do much, but wouldn't you think, if YOU were President, you'd want to get it from the horse's mouth what was going on with regards to something that is going to impact millions of our citizens over the next 20+ years??? He's too busy, I guess, playing golf, fund-raising, and vacationing. I think he knows he's a one-term President, and is taking the rest of his term off, since he knows his fate is sealed.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about the incredibly stupid electorate that installed such an incompetent, inexperienced person in as leader of our government. Barely 5 years removed from being a state senator, this clown is more interested in shopping trips with his Sasquatch/wife than handling the most pressing problems we have right now. He's canceled the trip to his homeland (Indonesia) so as to appear he's working on the problem...

How about this little nugget?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...yward-sold-shares-weeks-before-oil-spill.html

Or this?

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0602/month-oil-spill-goldman-sachs-sold-250-million-bp-stock/

Unbelievable...

Since when does a private companies CEO rate high enough that he should have a conversation with the leader of the free world just because his company screwed up. I would say the head of BP doesn't rate any higher than talking to the local heads of FEMA, DNR or the Coast Guard.

Why do people always think presidents should micromanage every "tragedy" they see on TV. Where you disappointed that Bush did not personally interview the Al-Quaeda leadership after 9-11, or he didn't personally help clear rubble? Maybe he should have personally met with the city planners and engineers that created the original levee system and built a city below sea level in an area prone to hurricanes and flooding.

Let me give you an example of someone generally regarded as an intelligent president. Ronald Reagan. What did he do after the Challenger disaster? Was he meeting with the heads of NASA, or was he leading the country and comforting us in our time of sorrow? How bout the first Bush? When the Exxon Valdez ran aground, was he meeting with the heads of Exxon? Or was he delegating the responsibility to the proper authorities?

Not a day goes by that I don't think about the incredibly stupid electorate that installed such an incompetent, inexperienced person in as leader of our government.

He won the popular vote by almost 10 million votes as well. Where do you people get this crazy idea that the electoral college ignores the will of the voters in their states?

Obama, 69,456,897 votes
McCain 59,934,814 votes

I'd say that it was the voters who elected Obama. Plus, his approval ratings are still floating right around 50%, well above GW's low of 25%. Most of GW's presidency he was below 50%, aside from a couple months following 9-11. Obama's lowest approval ratings to date have been 45%, unless you count Fox News Polls, which are decidedly slanted..... The only president that never got an approval rating below 50% is Kennedy. Eisenhower and FDR are the only other ones with lows that have been higher than Obama's lowest approval rating. Granted, it is early on in his presidency, so, things will probably change.

Face it, the public likes Obama. Unless the GOP fields a darn good candidate, he will probably be serving a second term.

Well seeing how Obama claimed responsibility for taking care of this mess I would think he should in continuous contact with BP

When you're the ALMIGHTY RULER OF THE WORLD DADA, you simply dispatch some minion to carry your wishes to the peasants. It doesn't matter that you said that you were in charge, and that the CEO of BP should be the one most in the loop.
KS

When you're the ALMIGHTY RULER OF THE WORLD DADA, you simply dispatch some minion to carry your wishes to the peasants. It doesn't matter that you said that you were in charge, and that the CEO of BP should be the one most in the loop.
KS

So.... tell me how hands on Bush was with the investigation or clean-up effort in 9-11. How about Katrina.

Quit the damn double standard. I don't mind irrational hatred of politicians, but making up silly reasons to have irrational hatred is just dumb.

Well seeing how Obama claimed responsibility for taking care of this mess I would think he should in continuous contact with BP

Bush claimed responsibility for taking care of 9-11 and Katrina, but I certainly did not expect him to micromanage things. Ever heard Reagan's speech about the Challenger disaster? Do you think he personally interviewed all the NASA personnel, or do you think he read reports that were forwarded through the chain of command? Do you think McCain would have been speaking to the BP CEO in person? No way.

The CEO of Walmart can say he wants to make customers to feel welcome in their stores without getting a job as a greeter. It is called delegating responsibility. A good leadership quality. Ever wonder why you don't see a general going super-soldier on the enemy? Yet the general is still responsible for the success of the operation.

Why does everyone think he is the magic negro who will personally solve all the worlds problems. His platform was "Yes WE can." Typical idiocy. Like I always say. People are dumb.

Bush, of course, never claimed to be 'hands on' in that manner. Obummer, while proven to be almost totally clue-less about anything that isn't making the country liberal/progressive, likes to make out that he's right on top of everything.

You seem to be suggesting that it's OK for barry to pattern himself after GWB. Although the country would be much better off if he did, I don't believe anyone here has claimed that he should. Is that what you're saying? Bush didn't do something so barry h. shouldn't either?
KS

Since when does a private companies CEO rate high enough that he should have a conversation with the leader of the free world just because his company screwed up.

There is little practical reason for the CEO to meet with Obama. There are political and PR benefits for each, though.

It would be mostly for show; posturing.

Why do people always think presidents should micromanage every "tragedy" they see on TV.

good question.

However, there are some factor's like how Obama has presented himself that are involved in that as well as his whole viewpoint and approach behind governance that is contradicted by this situation.

Plus, his approval ratings are still floating right around 50%, well above GW's low of 25%.

That low came in Bush's second term. If you compare apples to apples, at this point in Bush's 1st term his numbers were not this low (IIRC).

There is a whole host of issues you can get into with stats analysis on this as well.

Face it, the public likes Obama.

That is a hard conclusion to draw at this point. His personal approval is below 50%. Support for his actions and his policies is much lower. In fact, on many of those, the majority (not just the plurality) oppose his actions, IIRC.

It has been a little while since I looked at some of these polls. However, the general trend has been downward for both Obama and his policies.

There is little practical reason for the CEO to meet with Obama. There are political and PR benefits for each, though.

It would be mostly for show; posturing.

Exactly, and it wouldn't do anyone any good. Hell, it would just give his opponents more ammunition when they complain about how all he does is posturing and showing off for the media...

good question.

However, there are some factor's like how Obama has presented himself that are involved in that as well as his whole viewpoint and approach behind governance that is contradicted by this situation.

not really sure what you are getting at there....

That low came in Bush's second term. If you compare apples to apples, at this point in Bush's 1st term his numbers were not this low (IIRC).

There is a whole host of issues you can get into with stats analysis on this as well.

At this point in Bush's first term, we were at the high point in an economic boom economy.... there really is no apples to apples comparison, but honestly, his numbers were right about the same

800px-George_W_Bush_approval_ratings.svg.png

That is a hard conclusion to draw at this point. His personal approval is below 50%. Support for his actions and his policies is much lower. In fact, on many of those, the majority (not just the plurality) oppose his actions, IIRC.

It has been a little while since I looked at some of these polls. However, the general trend has been downward for both Obama and his policies.

No right now the trend has been pretty stable around the 50% mark after a downward trend in the first couple months when people realized he wasn't a miracle worker who was going to fix everything with a wave of his magic wand, and the bad press started spewing out because he didn't fix the economy his first day in office. Now it just fluctuates up and down a couple percent every few days. There is no majority in opposition to his actions, unless you count majorities in special interest groups or political ideologies. FWIW, Bush's approval ratings were about what Obama's are now when he was re-elected. They did hit astronomically high levels just after 9-11, followed by a downward trend to where most presidents spend most of their time, around 50%. In his second term, as the economy weakened and people grew weary of the war, that is when his approval ratings started really dropping, but then again, the economy wasn't anymore his fault than it is Obama's. Sadly, much of the negative press and approval ratings that these two have gotten was due to the weak economy. Of course, the general public usually blames presidents for high gas prices, slow or negative economic growth, natural disasters, and cancer..... so, meh, not really surprised Dubya ended so low.... not that he was the most brilliant political mind ever to enter the White House, but yeah.

No right now the trend has been pretty stable around the 50% mark, fluctuating up and down a couple percent every few days.

What polls are you looking at?

What polls are you looking at?

Gallup mostly. Washington post and some others are higher or lower within a fairly narrow margin. The more liberal minded ones are much higher, the more conservative minded ones are much lower.

Gallup mostly. Washington post and some others are higher or lower within a fairly narrow margin. The more liberal minded ones are much higher, the more conservative minded ones are much lower.

Gallup is pretty fair. Though they look at registered voters as opposed to likely voters. Still they are honest, objective and unbiased in their methodology.

WaPo uses a biased methodology; specifically heavily skewed sampling. There sampling in a recent poll weighted registered Dems at 34% and Republicans at 25% (independents at 38%). The partisan split was 9 points even though every indication is that since the 2008 election that partisan gap has been closing (that gap was only 7 points in the 2008 election). Gallup had that partisan gap down at 1 point in April.

Rasmussen has been, empirically, the most accurate in the past few election cycles. The big difference is that they poll likely voters as opposed to registered voters like Gallup.

Since when does a private companies CEO rate high enough that he should have a conversation with the leader of the free world just because his company screwed up. I would say the head of BP doesn't rate any higher than talking to the local heads of FEMA, DNR or the Coast Guard.

[I]Are you talking about a CEO (or in this case the PRESIDENT) who felt it necessary to have a beer in the Rose garden with a black Professor and a white/Hispanic cop?[/I]

Why do people always think presidents should micromanage every "tragedy" they see on TV.

Maybe it's just ME, but I don't think having a face-to-face with the FOREIGN CEO of a company that is probably going to make people forget about Katrina, the Exxon Valdez and other disasters in the history of this country in not 'micromanagement'.

Where you disappointed that Bush did not personally interview the Al-Quaeda leadership after 9-11, or he didn't personally help clear rubble?

Now, you're being stupid.

Maybe he should have personally met with the city planners and engineers that created the original levee system and built a city below sea level in an area prone to hurricanes and flooding.

But, listening to your Bush-bashers all these years, how can you openly ADMIT that NO was ripe for a disaster? Was'nt the fact that NO is below sea level HIS fault???

Let me give you an example of someone generally regarded as an intelligent president. Ronald Reagan. What did he do after the Challenger disaster? Was he meeting with the heads of NASA, or was he leading the country and comforting us in our time of sorrow? How bout the first Bush? When the Exxon Valdez ran aground, was he meeting with the heads of Exxon? Or was he delegating the responsibility to the proper authorities?

He WASN"T playing golf, planning another trip to Indonesia, or fundraising. There's the difference. In addition, the Challenger disaster was about a NASA vehicle that exploded, killing all aboard, not an oil spill that has so-far leeched millions of gallons of FOREIGN OWNED CRUDE into US waters. Comparing the two is, again. stupid.

He won the popular vote by almost 10 million votes as well. Where do you people get this crazy idea that the electoral college ignores the will of the voters in their states?

Obama, 69,456,897 votes
McCain 59,934,814 votes

I'd say that it was the voters who elected Obama. Plus, his approval ratings are still floating right around 50%, well above GW's low of 25%. Most of GW's presidency he was below 50%, aside from a couple months following 9-11. Obama's lowest approval ratings to date have been 45%, unless you count Fox News Polls, which are decidedly slanted..... The only president that never got an approval rating below 50% is Kennedy. Eisenhower and FDR are the only other ones with lows that have been higher than Obama's lowest approval rating. Granted, it is early on in his presidency, so, things will probably change.

Face it, the public likes Obama. Unless the GOP fields a darn good candidate, he will probably be serving a second term.

I don't know about the public YOU seem to think has approving feelings for the job this amateur has done thus far, but except for Blacks and lock-step Dems, Barry is falling faster than any President in history in opinion polls. You can equate some of that with the fact that he has no managerial experience whatsoever, and also the obvious propensity to blame anyone but himself for all the failings of his 'policies'.

Barry-enablers method of operation when anyone brings up Barry's numerous shortcomings is to invoke GWB-well, guess what, he's GONE! (get over it) Barry is now 'in charge'. It'd be nice if he acted like it and got together with the CEO of the FOREIGN FIRM that is destroying what was already a reeling geographic area of the United States.

Or, he could just go shopping in Paris, or play golf, shoot hoops at the White House, suck down a beer for a photo-op, you know, IMPORTANT :q:q:q:q.

I don't know about the public YOU seem to think has approving feelings for the job this amateur has done thus far, but except for Blacks and lock-step Dems, Barry is falling faster than any President in history in opinion polls. You can equate some of that with the fact that he has no managerial experience whatsoever, and also the obvious propensity to blame anyone but himself for all the failings of his 'policies'.

Barry-enablers method of operation when anyone brings up Barry's numerous shortcomings is to invoke GWB-well, guess what, he's GONE! (get over it) Barry is now 'in charge'. It'd be nice if he acted like it and got together with the CEO of the FOREIGN FIRM that is destroying what was already a reeling geographic area of the United States.

Or, he could just go shopping in Paris, or play golf, shoot hoops at the White House, suck down a beer for a photo-op, you know, IMPORTANT :q:q:q:q.

First off I am black, and I don't approve of everything he is doing, so you need to change your wording. Second, there is something called a chain of command, me being a SSG in the U.S Army would never expect to recieve direct communication from the President, however he delegates authority to Generals to represent him. The "beer on the patio" incident was justified, racism is still alive in America, he was doing damage control, who can he delegate to do that, especially when people like you think he was elected based solely on his race.

First off I am black, and I don't approve of everything he is doing, so you need to change your wording. Second, there is something called a chain of command, me being a SSG in the U.S Army would never expect to recieve direct communication from the President, however he delegates authority to Generals to represent him. The "beer on the patio" incident was justified, racism is still alive in America, he was doing damage control, who can he delegate to do that, especially when people like you think he was elected based solely on his race.

"Change my wording"??? Fact IS, 91 % of blacks STILL think Barry is doing a great job-so you are in the minority (don't get offended at THAT reference)...

I appreciate the 'chain of command' concept, but since there is not clear-cut 'chain of command, when dealing with the CEO of a FOREIGN CORPORATION who's company has directly affected 40 million citizens of the United States, I'd think that a direct discourse might be helpful, if for no other reason to assure said 40 million + that this is taking a high priority (unlike actual appearances). Comparing this CEO to you as an SSG having some discourse with Barry is not really quite the same, somehow.:rolleyes: That's like saying the Challenger disaster was like spilling million gallons of oil in the Gulf of Mexico-they both suck, but Jesus, there IS a big difference relatively speaking.

The 'beer on the patio' was cute, i'll admit-it placated the feeble minded into thinking that this was an important event in history. But, again, I'll suggest that Barry has NO CLUE on dealing with what is REALLY IMPORTANT.

I agree, in a minor way, with you in that Barry was elected due to race
(I know, you think he wasn't)-but the fact that 95% of blacks voted for him, and 13 % of the population is black, gave him a hellava head start, admit it-imagine starting out in a 100 meter race from the start line, while your opponent starts at the 13 yard line-you'd better be pretty fast. Now knowing that you are back at the start while your opponent is where he is because he's....white (or black) How's that feel?

-if I am a racist for pointing out that he was elected by racists (95% black vote), so be it. He certainly not elected for his experience, and has proven since that he is ill-equipped to handle any crisis intelligently.

obamaNosePick.jpg

"Change my wording"??? Fact IS, 91 % of blacks STILL think Barry is doing a great job-so you are in the minority (don't get offended at THAT reference)...

I appreciate the 'chain of command' concept, but since there is not clear-cut 'chain of command, when dealing with the CEO of a FOREIGN CORPORATION who's company has directly affected 40 million citizens of the United States, I'd think that a direct discourse might be helpful, if for no other reason to assure said 40 million + that this is taking a high priority (unlike actual appearances). Comparing this CEO to you as an SSG having some discourse with Barry is not really quite the same, somehow.:rolleyes: That's like saying the Challenger disaster was like spilling million gallons of oil in the Gulf of Mexico-they both suck, but Jesus, there IS a big difference relatively speaking.

The 'beer on the patio' was cute, i'll admit-it placated the feeble minded into thinking that this was an important event in history. But, again, I'll suggest that Barry has NO CLUE on dealing with what is REALLY IMPORTANT.

(I know, you think he wasn't)-but the fact that 95% of blacks voted for him, and 13 % of the population is black, gave him a hellava head start, admit it-imagine starting out in a 100 meter race from the start line, while your opponent starts at the 13 yard line-you'd better be pretty fast. Now knowing that you are back at the start while your opponent is where he is because he's....white (or black) How's that feel?

Last edited by a moderator:

-if I am a racist for pointing out that he was elected by racists (95% black vote), so be it. He certainly not elected for his experience, and has proven since that he is ill-equipped to handle any crisis intelligently.

Ok since you missed the relation, my Brigade Commander (Bp President) would not have direct contact with the president of Afghanistan (President Obama). I never called you a "racist", the "blacks" did not vote for President Obama, some "blacks" voted for President Obama, better yet, why can't we just be americans that voted for Obama? If he was elected solelt on race, why didn't Jesse Jackson win his bid for the white house, or Shirley Chilsolm, or Allen Keyes? He wasn't elected because he was "black". Give "blacks" more credit than that.

I agree, in a minor way, with you in that Barry was elected due to race (I know, you think he wasn't)-but the fact that 95% of blacks voted for him, and 13 % of the population is black, gave him a hellava head start, admit it-imagine starting out in a 100 meter race from the start line, while your opponent starts at the 13 yard line-you'd better be pretty fast. Now knowing that you are back at the start while your opponent is where he is because he's....white (or black) How's that feel?

Blacks have been voting Democratic in huge numbers for decades. Hell, Johnson got nearly the same percentage (94%) of black votes in 1964 that Obama did in 2008. So knock off the "racist" BS.

blah blah blah, a whole bunch of wrong made bold to sound better

wow..... you really don't have a clue what you are talking about do you?

I want to know 3 things,

1: What the hell polls do you watch?

2: Why don't you compare the polls to nearly every other president we have had and see that those approval ratings are really not any different?

3: What makes you think I am an Obama supporter?

Just a tip.... Don't bother with the crap talk if you don't have any clue what you are talking about.

Seriously, I'd love to know where you are getting your numbers and your racist bs.

Ill-equipped to handle a crisis intelligently..... I suppose since he has done the same thing Regan, Clinton, or either of the Bushes have done, that must mean he is doing it wrong. After all, he is the anti-christ right?

IIRC the vote for Obama in the black community was upwards of 90% which was higher then the vote for democratic presidential candidates in the black community in recent election cycles. I think Kerry was something in the 60's or 70's.

If you accept the notion that many people voted against Obama because he was black then it would seem only intellectually consistent to accept the notion that many people voted for him because he was black; and a good portion of those would likely come from the black community.

Two of my most admired scholars today (both black) have written on the black community voting democrat and specifically supporting Barack Obama numerous times; both in articles and in books.

Thomas Sowell, specifically has written numerous books focusing on the black community, race relations, etc. His books are always very well researched and logically laid out; well worth the time to read. His most recent book in this area was called "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" and is a very good read, IMO.

While I never view pure identity politics as rational, I can understand why many in the black community would have supported Obama for purely symbolic reasons. While election night 2008 was hardly a fun night for me, I was moved by Jesse Jackson's tears (I felt that, at least in that moment, they were genuine on his part) at Obama's acceptance speech. There is a large black community that frequents my place of employment and many of my customers were riding a high the next few weeks and months because of Barry's election, which I could appreciate even if I didn't give his election the same emphasis from my own perspective.

However, the down side of that euphoria for purely symbolic reasons is that, at least for a large part of the black community, there seems to be a bit of a cult of personality surrounding Obama, in my opinion. It is hardly something I can currently prove, any and all evidence I have would be anecdotal, but that is my perception. It is certainly not the case for the whole black community, but a very large part, in my view, seem to fit that description in this area. For instance, I see many of my black customers (especially right after the elections and around the inauguration) wearing shirts that go beyond typical campaign type shirts or other politically oriented shirts. These put Obama along side MLK; often saying something to the effect of "the dream; realized". Something like that, in my mind, screams "cult of personality"; as if he is effectively being "martyred" in a way.

As time goes on and the unrealistically high expectations on Obama from the election are not met, that may wane. I hope it is.

Again, this is simply my opinion.

Seriously, I'd love to know where you are getting your numbers and your racist bs.

OK, this was easy-took me 30 seconds to find, I am sure there's hundreds of polls and surveys that say something similar:This is CNN, so it's NOT Fox...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/04/exit.polls/

Ill-equipped to handle a crisis intelligently..... I suppose since he has done the same thing Regan, Clinton, or either of the Bushes have done, that must mean he is doing it wrong. After all, he is the anti-christ right?

How has he done the 'same thing' ??? Please cite...and there you go invoking the 'Bush' defense, it NEVER takes you long.

I am not certain he's the anti-Christ:rolleyes:, but he lacks the credentials to serve as POTUS, what with the lack of executive experience and the secretive nature about his past. He is an empty suit, bereft of any meaningful empathy towards others unless it is racial in nature. He has a background (what's known anyway) laced with socialist ideals, radical associations, broken homes-
Bush was no prize, especially considering that he 'took off' the last 4 years of his term. but the reckless spending, acquiesce when meeting with heads of other states, reckless spending and promises to 'reform' while bringing D.C. to lower standards with the Chicago-style political thuggery Barry brings is undeniable, unless you are enamored by his slick, soulless personality.
I don't consider Barry 'black'-he did, afterall, have a white mother. Someone on here (I think) pointed out that if the population of the United States was majority black, and had only black presidents in it's history, would Barry be the first 'white' president? I don't think so, but racists or those who are concerned with race would point out he was 'white'. I consider Barry by his actions (or lack thereof), and see him as a Jimmy Carter WITHOUT the benefit of having actually RUN an organization (Georgia)-socialist, bull:q:q:q:qter, secretive, evasive, ruthless towards his enemies, cowering when representing the United States to other heads of state, shirking responsibilities, blaming others for his failures. This fiasco in the Gulf is another and significant example of his lack of management skills. He could dispel many of the negative perceptions the growing population of doubters have if he 'took charge' of this situation. Most of what the POTUS does is symbolic in nature. Would it be a positive, symbolic gesture to meet with the CEO (at the White House, in the same location as the all-important beer) and state to the CEO's face, on camera, that BP is being held responsible? I don't expect Barry to bow:rolleyes:. i also don't think it will happen, because it is now 50+ days since this started. It should have happened within a few days of this happening.

Barry was too busy, doing important things-campaigning, fund-raising, shopping with Sasquatch and Sasquatchette's.

I have asked this question before, if President Obama won the Presidency based "solely on his race", why didn't Jesse Jackson, Shirley Chisolm, or Allen Keyes win when they ran for President? I didn't include Al Sharpton because he is a "jackass" all races agree on that. Morgan Freeman said once, "Why do African American's have their own month, they should do away with it, he also said why am I referred to as a African American, why can't I just be an American, we as a world really need to embrace that, I know the black race does it and I correct it as much as possible, every damn application that is filled out has a question about race, and that is BS.

IIRC the vote for Obama in the black community was upwards of 90% which was higher then the vote for democratic presidential candidates in the black community in recent election cycles. I think Kerry was something in the 60's or 70's.

If you accept the notion that many people voted against Obama because he was black then it would seem only intellectually consistent to accept the notion that many people voted for him because he was black; and a good portion of those would likely come from the black community.

Two of my most admired scholars today (both black) have written on the black community voting democrat and specifically supporting Barack Obama numerous times; both in articles and in books.

Thomas Sowell, specifically has written numerous books focusing on the black community, race relations, etc. His books are always very well researched and logically laid out; well worth the time to read. His most recent book in this area was called "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" and is a very good read, IMO.

While I never view pure identity politics as rational, I can understand why many in the black community would have supported Obama for purely symbolic reasons. While election night 2008 was hardly a fun night for me, I was moved by Jesse Jackson's tears (I felt that, at least in that moment, they were genuine on his part) at Obama's acceptance speech. There is a large black community that frequents my place of employment and many of my customers were riding a high the next few weeks and months because of Barry's election, which I could appreciate even if I didn't give his election the same emphasis from my own perspective.

However, the down side of that euphoria for purely symbolic reasons is that, at least for a large part of the black community, there seems to be a bit of a cult of personality surrounding Obama, in my opinion. It is hardly something I can currently prove, any and all evidence I have would be anecdotal, but that is my perception. It is certainly not the case for the whole black community, but a very large part, in my view, seem to fit that description in this area. For instance, I see many of my black customers (especially right after the elections and around the inauguration) wearing shirts that go beyond typical campaign type shirts or other politically oriented shirts. These put Obama along side MLK; often saying something to the effect of "the dream; realized". Something like that, in my mind, screams "cult of personality"; as if he is effectively being "martyred" in a way.

As time goes on and the unrealistically high expectations on Obama from the election are not met, that may wane. I hope it is.

Again, this is simply my opinion.

I do agree with you on some parts, but for a person to say he was based solely on his race is crazy and just wrong. I voted for President Obama because he wasn't supportive of the war in Iraq, something I have been against since my first deployment, I am 27 with 4 combat tours and about to have 5, most of my time in the Army has been in a combat zone, that is not the way it is suppose to be. I was in D.C during the inugaration, It was a big deal when he got elected, but he didnt get elected with 100% of his votes from "blacks" I am sure Whites, Hispanic and even a few Asians voted his way, did they vote for him because he was WBhliatcek (white and black mixed):) I thought of that myself.

Barry was too busy, doing important things-campaigning, fund-raising, shopping with Sasquatch and Sasquatchette's.[/B][/I]

Can you stop the attacks of his family, that is really nice that you can attack little girls, real big man you are! I have no problem with you calling him names, but be a man about the situation, kepp the attacks on him and not his family, especially his daughters.

Everything bold like a nine year old who is losing an argument on IRC

First, quit making everything bold like a retard. Second, I am not just talking about him doing the same things as dubya. He is working just like any president does. Quit with the damn double standard.

Young people also voted for obama in higher numbers......

The only age group where McCain prevailed was 65 and over, and that by just a 10-percentage-point margin, 54 percent to 44 percent, the exit polls showed.

WAIT, it must not have been racism, it was probably ageism..... No.... that wouldn't fit your bigoted view of the world. Sure, there were probably some racists that voted for Obama. I bet you there were some racists that voted for EVERY president we have ever had. Considering that we have had black candidates in the past, and the whites are a majority compared to blacks, I'd say there aren't enough racists in this country to really make a major impact on the polls. Otherwise, we would still have a white president, or we would have had black presidents before.

Now listen, I don't have a lot against dubya, probably not any more than I do Obama. But you don't see me acting like a disrespectful prick every time I talk about either of them do you? None of that name calling either.... You know what they say about name calling though, first resort of the weak-minded. You apparently lack even the qualifications to COMPARE Obama rationally to other presidents though..... Probably because you strike me as a bigot, or you have this idea that no matter what he does it is wrong.

POTUS is a job. Most of that job is representing our country. Part of that job is ensuring peace in our country. Part of that job is overseeing international affairs. Part of that job is overseeing domestic affairs. No part of that job is having a pointless meeting with a fat CEO who screwed up. So what if he meets with a professor and a cop. This country really NEEDS to get over past racial tension and hostility.

Grow the hell up. Next time you want to respond, try researching the BS that you spew.

Members online

Back