Obama: Colonoscopies prevent prostate cancer

Let's be fair, that isn't necessarily what he said.
He listed a unpleasant women screening and then the most unpleasant guy screening.... and then he mentioned the two most notorious killers associated with gender. That was probably the product of focus groups, not a lack of medical understanding.

He listed a unpleasant women screening and then the most unpleasant guy screening.... and then he mentioned the two most notorious killers associated with gender. That was probably the product of focus groups, not a lack of medical understanding.
It's his pattern of speech. He was clearly associating the first list with the second list. It wouldn't make sense for him to name two specific random diseases in the same sentence as two specific treatments. He's not that nuanced.

To excuse this clip is like saying, "Dan Quayle didn't misspell 'potato,' he just started to spell another word that starts with 'e' and then immediately changed his mind.'

To excuse this clip is like saying, "Dan Quayle didn't misspell 'potato,' he just started to spell another word that starts with 'e' and then immediately changed his mind.'

Not really.
I don't know of a man, particularly one in his late 40s, that doesn't know the difference between a prostate exam and a colonoscopy.
That's like not knowing your finger from your arm.

Quayle spelled something wrong.
I guess you could argue he was using the 19th century spelling. Or that he was thinking of the plural version. But ultimately he still spelled it wrong.

However, saying Obama is stupid because of the way he read that teleprompter, or that Quayle was stupid for make that spelling mistake, are both probably wrong.

As I mentioned, I think that was the result of focus groups not medical ignorance. The associations were with the gender specific proceedure mentioned before it. Mammograms are the uncomfortable annual thing women are focused grouped to hate. Colonoscopies are the cause of male discomfort and reluctance, and in the mind of the writer, gender comparable.

Breast Cancer is the common, yet treatable illness that's associate with females.
But "ass-cancer" doesn't have the same resonance as prostate cancer. Nor is it as common, or gender specific.

I think that was a marketing, focus group decision.
Not a mistake on the part of the guy who wrote his script.

Not really.
I don't know of a man, particularly one in his late 40s, that doesn't know the difference between a prostate exam and a colonoscopy.
That's like not knowing your finger from your arm.

Quayle spelled something wrong.
I guess you could argue he was using the 19th century spelling. Or that he was thinking of the plural version. But ultimately he still spelled it wrong.

However, saying Obama is stupid because of the way he read that teleprompter, or that Quayle was stupid for make that spelling mistake, are both probably wrong.

As I mentioned, I think that was the result of focus groups not medical ignorance. The associations were with the gender specific proceedure mentioned before it. Mammograms are the uncomfortable annual thing women are focused grouped to hate. Colonoscopies are the cause of male discomfort and reluctance, and in the mind of the writer, gender comparable.

Breast Cancer is the common, yet treatable illness that's associate with females.
But "ass-cancer" doesn't have the same resonance as prostate cancer. Nor is it as common, or gender specific.

I think that was a marketing, focus group decision.
Not a mistake on the part of the guy who wrote his script.
He also mispronounced 'colonoscopy.'

The man is ignorant of medical things. He should not be running our healthcare.

He said Mammogram
He said Colonoscopy

Mammograms are used to check for Breast Cancer

Colonoscopies are used to detect colon cancer.

BUSTED!

Barack should know all about prostate exams.

They should perform a Colonoscopy on him just to see if he has a brain.:rolleyes:

Barack Obama:

Stupider United States President EVER!

YouTube - Barack Obama - Gaffe Mania I - Dumber than Dumb

Hey, Barack Obama nevers wants to be outdone by Stupid. An encore is in order!

YouTube - Barack Obama - Gaffe Mania II - Hero of the Stupid

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back