O2

yamaharollinhard

LVC Member
Reaction score
alright heres the thing, my car was running great, then it wasnt, so i put new fuel filter, wires/plugs, oil change, and all that bull, and the power came back. but now its gone again. now i dont think that the o2 sencers have ever been replaced, and the computer told me that it was running lean, so if i put new o2 sencers in, what are the chances of that fixing some of that?

When the ECM says that the car is running lean, it's actually the opposite - the car is really running rich and the ECM is trying to lean it out. I would look elsewhere before changing the O2s.

Yama,
Couple of years back I had a problem with my O2 sensors. When it was cold out the check engine light would come on after about 10 minutes of driving. This only happened in the winter. Changed out the sensors ($37 each) and the problem went away. Didn't seem to make much difference in power but did seem to improve my mileage just a bit. Wasn't too bad of a job -- even for a guy that'is too old to be crawling around under cars. One tool that was very helpful was an open end shorty wrench that attaches to a 3/8 socket driver. Good luck. Lincolnlov

well if it isnt that, than what would you think is taking all the power? i know that the trans is dying on me, is there a posability that the trans is taking all the power. because i have a new trans i just dont want to put it in if it wont help, i would like to drive this one till it dies, unless its the problem

NYC LSC said:
When the ECM says that the car is running lean, it's actually the opposite - the car is really running rich and the ECM is trying to lean it out. I would look elsewhere before changing the O2s.
That and a possible lack of air.
Yamaharollinhard, how is your throttle body cable bushing?

Members online

No members online now.
Back