o1 ls dead batt

2001LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
I posted this on automotive forums under 99blazer, but my problem is i just bought a 01 ls with 48000 mi on it. After a day or two i always have to jump the car off. I took it back to my dealer i bought it from, they took it to ford, ford didnt find anything but a huge draw of 1. something. Then it was taken to lincoln they said they found a short in the radio. 2 days later dead again.. I m really upset and frustrated. Im taking the car and dropping it off at lincoln again today so they will have it first thing in the morning. With it being so close to the end of warranty im really nervous. I also found out the previous owners had the same problem. How do you go about filing lemon law and how does it work. I dont know what to do.

I don't know if a current draw is anywhere near what you need for filing for Lenom Law, but here is a link: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/tech/Lemon/

As for fixing the car, you'll want to turn the car off and check the current draw at the battery with a multi-meter. Then start pulling fuses, one at a time, and checking the current draw again. Soon you will locate the culprit.

2001LS said:
I posted this on automotive forums under 99blazer, but my problem is i just bought a 01 ls with 48000 mi on it. After a day or two i always have to jump the car off. I took it back to my dealer i bought it from, they took it to ford, ford didnt find anything but a huge draw of 1. something. Then it was taken to lincoln they said they found a short in the radio. 2 days later dead again.. I m really upset and frustrated. Im taking the car and dropping it off at lincoln again today so they will have it first thing in the morning. With it being so close to the end of warranty im really nervous. I also found out the previous owners had the same problem. How do you go about filing lemon law and how does it work. I dont know what to do.

i have a huge problem with my 01 ls8. everytime i tried to start the car it would take around four try b4 it cranks up.. the a huge gas Oder come .. enough to make me dizzy.. i took it to linocn dealer six time for the same problem.. the tech look at me like i was trouble maker and made it sound liek i was complaining about nothing.. they even ask me if i lett the gas go under 1/4 which i never do.. and do i use cheap gas which i dont... made me lok like th bad guy.. so my six time ocming around with the same probelm i finally starting cussing out the place asking to talkt to owner and manager and was ready to bring a lawyer with me.. they look at my file.. i baught the car at feb and by aug i already had my car in the shop over ten time with other like like window motor falling off anf side view shaking heated seat leaking yelloe fluid and the starting prblen.. lords know they calim the braught in a tech from connecticut to fix it... fidn out at the end i had two bad cylinder and it wasted soo much time and frustration.. now i love the car buti'm still worried about future probelms.. i have 43k on my car baught it at 30.. I'm still not sure if i wan tot o trade my car in but if a deal come by i cant pass i think i'll go with it

Ok well they thought they had fixed it but it is back in the shop again. I have owned the car a month and had it at the dealer 4 times for the same problem. The place i bought it from said all they could do was put me in a New Durango for 100 more a month or a new xterra for 100 more a month. I dont know what to do the warranty is out in 150 mi. They had a fmc tech come down today and look at it. He hooked some machines up to it and had it like that all day and they still dont know anything i hope tomorrow it will get fixed. Legally what can i do.

Members online

No members online now.
Back