nyc an nickt88 exhaust question

gixxer

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
have yopu guys or anyone on here went with an aftermarket cat on an ls and if so do you have pics. im being told it cant be done. i was told if the cats are aftermarket then the o2s have to be moved back and if that happens they will read wrong. please correct me if im wrong and please give advice or p[art numbers that will help me out.

I haven't heard of that. I am replacing mine soon. If its true you can always just put one of those O2 dummy things, I dont know what its called. But when you cut out the cats, you put them on so the sensors doesn't give you the check engine light.

Well, if you're going for high flow cats, your rear O2 sensors are going to wig out and throw codes, at least that's my experience with them for the 300. I would assume the LS is no different. You can always have the person who did your tune turn the rears off, but you won't pass inspection with them like that if you have it where you live. Other than that, I have no experience with them on the LS.

have yopu guys or anyone on here went with an aftermarket cat on an ls and if so do you have pics. im being told it cant be done. i was told if the cats are aftermarket then the o2s have to be moved back and if that happens they will read wrong. please correct me if im wrong and please give advice or p[art numbers that will help me out.

not true... you can put high flow cats on the LS but it is likely that you will get a CEL light because of it. The post 02 sensers do nothing in relation to tuning of the car, so you can buy "02 sensor spoofs" for the post cat sensors and you'll be good to go. An alternative solution is for your tuner (if you have an aftermarket tune) to turn your post cat 02 sensors off, but if you do, you will not pass state emissions.

Do high flow cats really make a difference on an LS?

Members online

No members online now.
Back