Number 1 Misfiring? After changing plugs

tongan2you

New LVC Member
Reaction score
:Bang I have a 1999 Lincoln Navigator, I was receiving the engine light and the code it was giving was #1 misfiring. I have 98000 miles so I knew it was time to change the plugs. I changed all 8 spark plugs and reset the light. The engine light came on again and the truck still runs rough in idle sometimes, the code again is saying #1 misfiring. Is this the coil pack that needs to be changed out now? It could not be anything else right? Since it is still the # 1 misfiring. Please help me, these things are a pain to get to, I want to be sure before removing the top again.
Thank you

:ballon

Frogman said:
Swap Coil #1 with say, Coil #5 and see if Cyl. #5 gives off a misfire code. If it does, then The coil is bad. If #1 still throws a misfire code, then your problem may be elsewhere.

elsewhere like where? I was told if #1 is misfiring it has to be 1 of 2 things the coil or the spark plug. Because the computer would say if it were something else like the fuel pump or something.

Does it sound like the coil pack if it starts really acting up when i am at idle at a stop light but drives mainly ok? It idles real bad at the lights.
That is when the light comes on after I have reset it.
:Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang

Sorry for my ignorance...but is this COP? If so, they are notorious for their misfire problems. I am also assuming this is a 32v motor. If so, make good and sure there isn't any oil in the plug well.

Members online

Back