Nu-be with questions, GO easy on me :)

IL-LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, here is my story. Currently own a 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT, and have ALWAYS loved the LS. Finally with gas prices as they are I could use somehting that gets better MPG. I think I will miss the large up-high stance, but its time to move on.

I am looking at a 2002 LS V8 with 25k miles on it. My father is a wholesale dealer and called me on this car today. He saw it and said its a 10 in condition!

Anthing I shouls watch out for on the 02' year?

Any idea on a way to tell if it has heated seats? (yeah I could look, but he does not have it, its at another dealer until thurs) I know it has a sunroof and memory seats. Any chance the heates seats are part of a package?

Any info you may have for me on this car would be so great! I feel i am going into it blind!! But I have rented one before and fell in love!!

Thanks all, I hope to learn and help out as much as I can here!!

Mike :waving:

Make sure you drive it. If the engine runs smoothly and the transmission engages and shifts properly, you have a winner. Check it for leaks and make sure all the accessories work, and make sure it's cosmetically acceptable. If it checks out, pull the trigger. '02 was a good year, they had most of the bugs sorted out by then.

got an 02 myself, no problems yet...bought it w/ 22k now has 33K

Thanks guys!
Yeah my dad deals with cars day in and day out, so I know it has no paint work I know it runs well etc. But its always those little specific things that each car may have their problems with that only people liike YOU all know! :)

Any ideas about that heated seat package?

Thanks!

The only quick way to know is if it has two buttons on either side of the ash tray. If it has those two rectangular buttons then it's got heated seats.

GrayGhost1 said:
The only quick way to know is if it has two buttons on either side of the ash tray. If it has those two rectangular buttons then it's got heated seats.

Thanks, figured as much. Just didnt know if it was part of any package that I could tell w/ out having the car.

Calling the bank about finance today :) Then I haver to make a trip to FL to get the baby!! :)

---
Yes in fox Lake, JUST past volo on rte 12 / 59 I work in Barrington, hot too far from HE Thanks for the welcomes!!

Mike

i THOUGHT all ls's came with heated seats.. the only added options in the later models is optional rear seat heat and ac seats..??

jdsimons said:
i THOUGHT all ls's came with heated seats.. the only added options in the later models is optional rear seat heat and ac seats..??

thats what i thought too! until a guy that works with me got an 04 LS & i said how do you like the heated seats & he said "it didnt come with heated seats" ... i was like WTF?? you buy a 30,000$ car and dont get heated seats!!!??! his car was BRAND NEW when he got it. sorry, but i would not pay $30,000 for a car that didnt have ALL front AND rear seats heated AND air conditioned! :Beer

so no, i guess its not on ALL LS's... i love mine! :)

Welcome to the site and don't worry aobut ever posting any question and problem on this site.

The members here range from all levels of ability for working on cars.

Here at LvC we respect all and welcome all members.

As you can see from the responces you've received already you are very much respected.

:W to :V feel free to join in on any thread and post any question. :Beer

Welcome to the LVC. Good luck on getting the LS8. However as far as gas mileage goes ...I have a 02 LS V8 and I average around 17.8mpg...not that good.

But then again my right foot weighs 200lbs so maybe it's just me...

Heated seats were not standard on all LS's from 2000-2002. It was an option on certain package arrays. However, if I remember correctly heated/cooled seats are standard now on the 2003 and up LS's with the heated rear seats as an option.

Welcome!
I have 02, havent had any major problems since brand new.
only thing that needed fix was worn rear bearing at 43K.
my lexus with 130K didnt need any worn bearing.
but I guess I ride my LS harder.

I been getting 19.4mpg average with 80% interstate (80+ mph).

A few months ago on a 6 hour trip to Jackson and back (50 to 70mph the whole way) and averaged 23mpg.

But I've been babying it to save $$$.
I find, if I leave the average mpg visable on the cluster I'm less likely to floor the gas. I'd put it on miles to empty but I'd be a nervous wreck by the time I got to work.

Welcome to the board

This is the place to be for Lincoln news and views. All of the rest seem to be very stuffy and cater to the extended pinky crowd. All is good at LVC. :Beer :V

Well the ls isn't the best on gas mileage but should be better then the truck I HOPE..lol.
Long trips i think this car does real well on mileage. Bought my car in dallas texas and drove it back to nebraska and got about 27 mpg.. And since i've had the car been averaging 24 -26 miles on the highway.. about 15 in town.. don't drive it in town..lol.. just kiddin

Congrats on your new LS I just recently purchased one myself and I'm loving the hell out of it!! It's an awesome car I was lucky that my 02 LSV8 came with the heated seats!! I can't wait to take the car on a road trip!! Love having all that power of a V8 under the hood!! GREAT CHOICE IN PICKING THE LS!! ENJOY!!

Thanks!

Hey!

Thanks so much for the welcomes! I have been to MANY of forums from my past cars (JEEP, CHEVY, Etc.) and this place seems to be one of the better ones in just the few days I have been here! Again thanks!

Well I called and got the Vin # off the car and took the Vin to the dealer to have them pull the options. Seems it has the "cold weather" package which I assume means heated seats, but what else could be in that group?

Only other things I wish it had was:
spoiler
manual - shift trans
Fog lamps

but eh, i guess these things are not that big of a deal. Heck its a 2002 LS with 22,000 miles for $19,500 bucks, dont think I can complain!!

Mike

And this is for the forum :)
:yourock:

IL-LS said:
Hey!

Thanks so much for the welcomes! I have been to MANY of forums from my past cars (JEEP, CHEVY, Etc.) and this place seems to be one of the better ones in just the few days I have been here! Again thanks!

Well I called and got the Vin # off the car and took the Vin to the dealer to have them pull the options. Seems it has the "cold weather" package which I assume means heated seats, but what else could be in that group?

Only other things I wish it had was:
spoiler
manual - shift trans
Fog lamps

but eh, i guess these things are not that big of a deal. Heck its a 2002 LS with 22,000 miles for $19,500 bucks, dont think I can complain!!

Mike

And this is for the forum :)
:yourock:

That's a sweet deal!! Congrats!!

those heated seats will decrease your likelyhood of high sperm count. So if your honey is looking to make a baby, turn off the heated seats.

pbslmo said:
those heated seats will decrease your likelyhood of high sperm count. So if your honey is looking to make a baby, turn off the heated seats.
Is there a way to turn the heat up on those seats?
To hell with birth control, buy a Lincoln.

What is it you would like picks of, because this isn't that kind of site.

I could recomend a few if you like. :Beer

pbslmo said:

I heard the same thing from a friend.

IL-LS said:
Thanks guys!
Yeah my dad deals with cars day in and day out, so I know it has no paint work I know it runs well etc. But its always those little specific things that each car may have their problems with that only people liike YOU all know! :)

Any ideas about that heated seat package?

Thanks!

I asked my girl if she wanted her heated seat on and she said: " My ass is HOTT enough, I don't need anything to heat my seat!!!" I loved that response!!

IMHO the heated seats are a PITA... I've repaired my drivers side once, which was covered under warrenty, an it just broke again... Maybe it has something to do with the autoglide seat going back and forth... That shouldn't be the deal breaker... Make sure you got a good tranny and engine... The rest is gravey.

Members online

Back