Now my check engine light...Frustration!

Brian Williams

LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, OK. Patience right guys? I have been trying to fix my tranny problem for the last few weeks now and as I was testing my latest trouble shooting my check engine light came on and is now flickering of and on. I have never had that come on before.

Did i jack something up? or is it now just working since I have gone through the engine and made sure that everything is connected and re connected?

It's not that I pushed the engine to hard or anything but i did red line it abit around the block to see if i could get the tranny to shift into third. No luck. I am gonna remove the VB this weekend as Silverfox suggested. Clean it,replace what i need to and see if that will fix the tranny.

Any ideas on how to fix my light and how i can find out what it is...Remember it is christmas time fellas. funds are at a premium.

Spend $25 on a code reader from Wal-Mart, Auto Zone, or somewhere similar. It is definately a worth-while investment, holidays or not. If you really don't want to spend any money right now, take the car to Auto Zone and have them get the code for you. Just pray that they know what they are doing or they will leave you chasing the wrong codes.

I would try the VB first - if that doesn't help, might consider dropping the trans - I would think the governor being stuck would have shifted the car at least ONCE in a simple teat drive. It used to take 5 mins for my gov to unstick in the first winter I owned my current M7. I rebuilt it in the spring and found the gov was major bound up.

As for your light, I would assume it is the EGR - that is the only CEL that flickers. Clean out the EGR pasages - I did - CEL hasn't come back in over a year now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back