Now, if Lincoln had something like this in the future!

It would be cool. I hope it would be a bigger success than the Holden Monaro was when they brought it to the US. A great car that came too late...

full_MG_1068.jpg
Falcon looks like a Lincoln LS.

full_MG_1068.jpg

Yes it does! Makes you wonder, if they can redo this car just for a 2 year run, how hard would it be to use that platform for a front engine v8, rear wheel drive luxury sport sedan.

The reason the Holden variants keep failing is because GM only offers them fully loaded with almost no options to speak of, three or four crappy colors, and they price them like they're made of gold. On top of that, the dealers will usually mark them up even further. When the GTO came over I went to check one out, and the dealer actually had a "market forces markup" price on their GTOs adding 12,000 dollars to the price. They don't even put their best tech into the car either.

I was thinking about getting an SS, but they don't put AFM, VVT or their new direct inject heads on them. The car actually gets worse mileage than the Suburban, and consequently has a gas guzzler tax. If they'd put the same advanced engine tech they put in a pickup truck into the SS, along with an 8 speed trans, the SS is what I'd be replacing my LS with as soon as I get a house up. I'd be planning on stroking the 6.2 out to a 7.0 as well, at some point in the near future. With that setup from the factory you'd be seeing 30+MPG out of the car, and with a larger engine the car could be programmed to stay in V4 mode in almost all cruise situations instead of having to kick back to V8 mode for hills and higher speeds. Might hit 40MPG that way.

Incidentally, had the dozer guy go out to my place last week. I now have a beautifully cleared 1+ acre lot plus driveway on my 15 acres with an excellent view of the lake my land is on. The process has finally begun! And when I unload the LS, I would not be adverse to getting another Lincoln provided they had a rear wheel drive V8 available. Not looking too good right now, but the new Charger is.

I dont care if its got a star or an ova on the hood, thats what they need to sell here!!!

a blown 5.0, now thats my kind of ecoboost!!!

now thats what the taurus/MKS should have been...

Man both those cars look great!. Too bad only the ss is available here.

I was thinking about getting an SS, but they don't put AFM, VVT or their new direct inject heads on them. The car actually gets worse mileage than the Suburban, and consequently has a gas guzzler tax. If they'd put the same advanced engine tech they put in a pickup truck into the SS, along with an 8 speed trans, the SS is what I'd be replacing my LS with as soon as I get a house up. I'd be planning on stroking the 6.2 out to a 7.0 as well, at some point in the near future. With that setup from the factory you'd be seeing 30+MPG out of the car, and with a larger engine the car could be programmed to stay in V4 mode in almost all cruise situations instead of having to kick back to V8 mode for hills and higher speeds. Might hit 40MPG that way.

Hi mate, I've got the Holden V8 with AFM and yes it makes a hella difference with a tune - get 40 MPG most of the time around town:

[video=youtube_share;CRssVliuWlc]http://youtu.be/CRssVliuWlc[/video]

and 25 MPG cruising 90 MPH unrestricted highway, around 40 MPG 70MPH freeway:

[video=youtube_share;aX-uYag1yM8]http://youtu.be/aX-uYag1yM8[/video]

well thats sure weird...

you would think since they sell your gas by the liter, the car would tell you how many miles (actually KM) you get out of each liter you buy, instead of telling you how much gas you need to drive a 100 KM. the last place I want to have to do math is while driving, that and americans hate fractions!

otherwise, sweet! love those holdens, wish they looked like that here instead of the the pontiac look!

Nice, thanks pir4te! I really wish EFI Live would tune Dodge gasoline engines, or GM will bring all their fuel saving tech to the SS in the very near future.

Members online

No members online now.
Back