not cool 2021 for my 2002

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
again from the top new jag thermostat housing it wouldnt keep its cool this time even nice like when i bought it i was thinking it was purging slow but good i burped the hoses a little nice drip steady out the purge watching for 10 minutes got the the mid line on the thermostat had the heater working on full the fan was on early but it wasnt fast if i hit the pedal it seemed to parrallel with higher whines i knew it wasnt quite right but at least it was holding
5 minutes later after a few revs the purge had all but stopped dripn then the it shot up to almost max temp and started spewing foamey steam out the purge valve i wasnt done getting the coolant to the line . ... i had to shut it down it spewed for quite awhile noticed the hydro fan didnt continue to run and i didnt hear anything from the auxillary coolant pump cooler temps now cant say i solved anything with the thermostat housing but the old one was a little warped i also have a newer thermostat .........

things to try next ?

i had the heater core bypassed once early in its career and it always held up the last time i tried the routine i even flushed out the heater core ive ran water through the radiator and have flushed it to an extent at some point

Try this
Screenshot_20211112-104026_Amazon Shopping.jpg

put more coolant in still climbs heard aux/electric working this time fan didnt run till it got to hot .....have to shut down reseated connector

put about 30 ounces coolant in it going to try again still have too much coolant in degas its slow purging ither steady stream clear drip or foamy sputter from over heat !

can i have a degas bottle prob or possibly no circ situation like that degas bottle not move

more specific question if i look at the pick one of those lines is return from block

gen1auxcoolantpump.jpg

there is tw o holes in the block for the plenum for water not air

Members online

No members online now.
Back