Not car related...

2002_LS_V8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
heres the deal.... Im 19 years old, 5 11" and 145 pounds... the thing is i want to gain weight to be around 160 pounds which should be helthy for 5 11" i think... im going to join a gym this week (30 bucks a month) now the problem is what do i need to do... i eat alot but i cant seem to gain any more weight its wierd, my parents think its cuz i work a job where i move around alot and lift stuff.. what kind of extercises should i do at the gym?? i would like to make my chest lil whider and stronger :cool: I will also be running alot because they have a inside track and there is usualy hot chichs running around :p

Edit= im the guy on the left in my avatar..

2002_LS_V8 said:
heres the deal.... Im 19 years old, 5 11" and 145 pounds... the thing is i want to gain weight to be around 160 pounds which should be helthy for 5 11" i think... im going to join a gym this week (30 bucks a month) now the problem is what do i need to do... i eat alot but i cant seem to gain any more weight its wierd, my parents think its cuz i work a job where i move around alot and lift stuff.. what kind of extercises should i do at the gym?? i would like to make my chest lil whider and stronger :cool: I will also be running alot because they have a inside track and there is usualy hot chichs running around :p

Look man.. im a real health freak myself, but im not going to answer your questions.... go to www.bodybuilding.com and check the fourm they have there... you'll learn allot..

dsoul27 said:
Look man.. im a real health freak myself, but im not going to answer your questions.... go to www.bodybuilding.com and check the fourm they have there... you'll learn allot..

ohh im no helth freak i just want to gain some muscle thats all..:shifty:

I'm sorry but that is one of the dumbest posts i've seen yet. I just turned 20 and was also tryin to put on a few lbs...but never in a million years would I post that question on a lincoln LS forum.

Havent you ever heard of google??

2002_LS_V8 said:

You don't need to join a gym to make your chest grow. The best thing you can do for a bigger chest and arms is pushups. Try to work yourself up to doing 100 good push ups* in 2 minutes. I garantee you will have a bigger chest and arms.

*from elbows locked straight to upper arms paralell to the ground with your torso straight from chest to ankles.

Suppliments, a good multivitamin and a high protien and carb diet helps too.

Eat lots of ham sandwhiches on multigrain bread w/ lots of mayo. Drink loads of malted milk or products containing malt. Calories, lots of calories and fats. As long as you continue to work them off, you will do fine. This is not a healthy diet by any means and should not continue past your ideal weight gain. As a former Football Lineman, this was part of our preseason weight gain. With your age and metabolism, you will not see any significant gains for some time.
For your weight training, focus on high weight and low reps to build bulk. This was the advice that I had went by back in the earlier years. By all means research for the best known modern methods to get you where you want to go.

Hey Chris! Good sound advice. So is it common knowledge that we Buckeyes know how to gain mass?

If I can find it, I have an awsome workout from my college football career that will make you gain a lot of muscle. Most of it is legs and chest. But like posted earlier, push-ups are the best when done with the correct technique. Also butterflies will help.

lol... whey protein shake .... more weight, so you will be able to do less reps to build mass. more reps increases definition not size. eat right after your workout to feed starving muscles.

wierd post but hope i could help.

jace

Lets see here...

If you want to gain muscle weight start at 3000 calories a day and slowly but surely add 100 or so calories a day with working out to gain MUSCLE WEIGHT not FAT.

To get your "chest wider" you're going to need to do routines that involve your lats too, so do pull ups as well. This will also give you a stronger base for your bench press.

Also dsoul27 is right, bodybuilding.com is an amazing website with not only routines but routines that fit about everyone's lifestyle as well.

Good luck.

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
I'm sorry but that is one of the dumbest posts i've seen yet. I just turned 20 and was also tryin to put on a few lbs...but never in a million years would I post that question on a lincoln LS forum.

Havent you ever heard of google??

This is the only forum i am part of, i just wanted to see if other ppl have any advice for me and it looks like they do... thats why it said NOT CAR RELATED = DONT READ IT IF UR GONNA BE AN :q:q:q:q:q:q:q ;)

00ls5spd said:
Dude, get married u will put on as much weight as u want!!:D :D :D

I agree, since I started dating my wife I've put on 30lbs w/out even trying! Another easy way to put on weight is to get a desk job.

Its ok to post questions not car related in the LvC forum, but probably not appropriate in the LS forum. There are other discussion forums within this site that non-LS enthusiasts also post to. http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

This thread would be a grand way for me to get the ball rolling regarding another age stab at alot of the people on here....but it would just be too easy :runaway:

You still needing some workouts? I couldn't find my workout sheets, but I still remember a few of them. I'll try to explain them if your interested.

Muscle weighs more so get a good workout. You will also probably eat more when you work out but you may not gain weight but you will look better.

Don't worry about weight so much. As you grow older, weight will come naturally.

I was 6'4" 180#s in highschool and was considered reasonably buff but skinny. But I was heavy when I was younger. After I hit about 25, the fat burners slowed down and I started to gain. By the time I got to about 40 I was about 320#, not so buff. I am now down to a more reasonable but still too heavy 260. The books say I should be between 180 and 235. I always looked and felt best around 220 - 230.

It takes a long time to take the weight off. So don't be in such a hurry to put it on. Nature will take it's course, some of us can slow it down with the proper diet and exercise.

You are possibly one of the lucky ones who will not get fat. Don't rush it. Take a look at your mom and dad and grand parents. You will most likely have a similar body shape as the majority as you get older.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

come chill with me for a few weeks, I don't know what I do, but I can put on unwanted weight very easily.
Eamonn

I agree with dsoul27. Bodybuilding.com is a great site. If your money is right find a personal trainer, or do like one of my old friends. Follow a personal trainer or (anyone for that matter) around the gym doing the same excercises that they are doing. Also if you are already considered slim or skinny or scrawny or whatever you call it. The running around the track is not going to help you get any bigger, if anything it will help you stay the same size or maybe get smaller.

Members online

No members online now.
Back