Not ANOTHER exhaust question!

BlackBurb

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I was searching on here and youtube for various low cost exhaust ideas. I'm not going be buying new mufflers. Considering just removing the stock mufflers, but was wondering how it would sound removing only the resonators and keeping the mufflers? I couldn't find any info or sound clips for that mod.

Because it doesn't sound good, I imagine. If anything I would chop the mufflers and leave the resonators.

Because it doesn't sound good, I imagine. If anything I would chop the mufflers and leave the resonators.

That's what I was thinking, but wanted to get as much info as possible before deciding.

yea chop them b*tches off...f*ck them....take em off and then pee on em and spit on em while you walk away....then run back wit a hammer and finish them off....

yea chop them b*tches off...f*ck them....take em off and then pee on em and spit on em while you walk away....then run back wit a hammer and finish them off....

+1 sounds great with the mufflers chopped off and peed on. i cant even make myself change to the full exhaust system i want because i dont want the sound to change. muffler-less it'll sound deep and real smooth with a mild/moderately loud tone to it. also sounds bad ass at idle.

and if you dont hammer on em too bad you can still hang the mufflers back up under the car to retain the stock look. less chance of gettin pulled over for not havin mufflers.

edit: chit. thought this was a mark viii. no clue how yours will sound :p the muffler re-hanging part still applies though ;)

Last edited:

Sounds like some family guy ish when they copied off Office Space

Members online

No members online now.
Back