Seriously, it has to be cursed.

LincolonCrash2706001.jpg

LincolonCrash2706002.jpg

LincolonCrash2706003.jpg

LincolonCrash2706004.jpg

LincolonCrash2706005.jpg

LincolonCrash2706007.jpg

The story:

Was driving to work. Around 11:45 pm @ approx. 45 mph, speed limit is 50.. Driving down a stretch of road (Rt 125, Andover for any locals). Road is pitchblack. All of a sudden a small animal (racoon, cat, i dunno) runs out from side of road, and slows almost to a stop in front of me. I try to avoid it, cut the wheel too hard.

LS:0
Guardrail:1

siiigh....

If it makes it better, this is the rental:

Cadillac_CTS.jpg

damn, is it totalled. how much to fix. insurance? that would have been one dead animal. sorry to hear. that really sux

wow thats painful to look at... reminds me of my accident a few months ago... not a good time... good luck with everything bro, just be glad you're ok (thats what every1 told me even tho i was still pissed about the car :mad: ) next time, end that animals life!! haha

Oh man! That sucks! I hope you're not planning to put the LSE front bumper back on. You'll have to go to the dealer to get it this time because I don't have any and won't until May. But it looks like it might be totalled to me.

It is actually better to hit the animal than it is to dodge the animal. If you hit it then it is not your fault. If you dodge it it is your fault. I found this out when i wrecked my truck over a deer.

WoW man that pains:( me just looking at it hope your alright, like a couple others said i would of took that little critter out!:mad:

Seriously dude...I understand you only had a split second to decide, but if it's not wearing sneakers I'm goiong right thorugh it. I tell my wife the same thing. Nothing worse than crashing into nothing for nothing.

My friend managed to run over a Seagull in the middle of the road. Please, do not ask how. I have no idea.

KD00LS said:
My friend managed to run over a Seagull in the middle of the road. Please, do not ask how. I have no idea.

I killed one with a golf ball once!!

That was a gorgeous car. But it doesn't look like any structual damage. Suspension should be bolt on work. If they do total it, I'm guessing it wouldn't take much to put it back together...if you could avoid the salvage title thing.

Ive heard of stories, to just hit it! But when it happens, instict tells you to NOT TO. I kinda wish i did hit it. Id rather have a nice little ding and some blood, than what you see.

What do they consider the value? Wholesale, trade-in value?

The body shop says it borderline totalled, just gotta wait for the call from the insurance company.

That Bites

V-8 said:
Ive heard of stories, to just hit it! But when it happens, instict tells you to NOT TO. I kinda wish i did hit it. Id rather have a nice little ding and some blood, than what you see.

What do they consider the value? Wholesale, trade-in value?

The body shop says it borderline totalled, just gotta wait for the call from the insurance company.

It only took one bad experience with an animal to retrain my instincts. I feel for you though. Kinda reminds you of the commercial on television where the squirells are high fiving each other after causing accidents. I have had too many friends killed hitting inanimate objects while trying to avoid animals. Sorry for your loss.

bufordtpisser said:
It only took one bad experience with an animal to retrain my instincts.
I know that now, lol. It just hapened so fast, my reflexes took over.

It could be worse though, at least it was a guardrail, and not a tree....the road has guardrails at differents points, and than its all trees.

Just glad..............

V-8 said:
I know that now, lol. It just hapened so fast, my reflexes took over.

It could be worse though, at least it was a guardrail, and not a tree....the road has guardrails at differents points, and than its all trees.

Just glad that you are OK. The car can be replaced, you can't. Maybe the little critter was in the woods laughing at you, but rest assured, about a month ago, I got his cousin. And it didn't even leave a scratch.

I gotta agree with running that animal over ... LORD 4GIVE ME...lol.. but that animal would have been chinese food... No offense to any Asian LVC members. lol

just got a call from the body shop.

Over $8k of damage. They are going to fix it.

I'm with the others. I know you don't WANT to hit it, but its an unfortunate casualty of its own damned stupidity. Your instincts should tell you not to wreck yer car. I'm a huge animal lover, but I have done it, and I feel horrible about it, but there is no way I'm turning my wheel. I stomp on my brakes, and if I can't stop in time, its a road stain. I say it like it happens all the time, but there was only one squirrel death I'm sure of. And a couple of others I'm not sure of.

V-8 said:
just got a call from the body shop.

Over $8k of damage. They are going to fix it.
Wow! What is the car worth? Typically, they total it if it's more than 70% of the book value of the car.

Keep us updated as they fix it.

I wish i knew what number they had on its worth. It just had $8000 in damage last April. Does that have a play in its worth?

Members online

No members online now.
Back