Not A Good Week- Very bad Start.......

JoeyGood

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
On Monday after that big storm we had. I got up as I do every morning went through my normal routine showered and got dressed for work. I take my 10 minute walk to the garage that I keep my MARK in (I pay 175.00 a month for indoor parking). Only to find out that the place had been flooded with water and was still about 2 and 1/2 feet under. By the time they figured out what was happening they were a foot and 1/2 under before they started to move the cars. My mark was one of those cars and the car was soaked inside but thankfully (or maybe not so thankful) it only reached the bottom end of the seats. the good part or so i think so is they actually started the car and moved it and it still starts with no problem but now is very loud towards the engine compartment. The motors in the seats are shot so they can't be adjusted. Windows, radio and AC still work.

I know the carpet needs to come out and the seat motors changed along with the fluids changed since I don’t know if any water got into the engine and transmission. the question I have now is can any else tell me what else I would need to look for and change since I know this will be for sure going back to a dealer to restore the car. Tomorrow I will be going to find out what this place is covered for as far as their insurance is concerned.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

If the water was up to the carpet, then you'll likely have some water damage to the interior door panels, any electrical connectors under the carpet, maybe the electrical connector on the computer, seat bottom cushion water damage and im sure others can think of more stuff.

I would say that you need to evaluate everything on the underside suspension components, half shafts, drive shaft joints, definitely transmission fluids, and engine oil. Submerging some of these parts in water is definitely not what they were intended for, and can shorten their life If you had any grease fittings on your ball joints it would be wise to re grease them. Good luck on getting this straightened out.

Tkae out all of your interior and replace the motors, and dry the inside of the car out to avoid mold.

Damn sorry to hear about this Joey, make a list of what you replace and make sure their insurance pays for all of it.

OUCH :( ....... when i was working for chrysler i worked on.....well rebuilt :shifty: a 300M Special that had been in water......LOT of stuff was replaced........check ALL electrical connections, take out everything from the interior and check it, put the seats out in the sun if needed, and flush engine/trans/diff as soon as possible.........hopefully you wont have mud under the carpet, that was FUN........

The first thing i would do is find another place to keep your mark, then decide if you even want to mess with it. You might be better off pocketing the insurance money and parting out your mark and buying a different one. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I Feel ya man... I just rear ended the :q:q:q:q out of my buddies jetta at a car show...

Thank god for insurance

Ya hate it when they are screwing ya but thankful you have it!

Members online

No members online now.
Back