noises noises noises

david2006

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an 02 ls v8 it has a front end rattle... ive read all these post about the rattle but my car the noise seems to go away when the breaks are applied .. breaks were check and mechanic said no problems there... also it could be my nervous temdancies but i feel lile there is difference in my steering but my mechanic doesnt norice anything weird could the bushing noise go away when breaks are applied or could it be the ball joints.. it tracks straight and doesent pull when breaking.. it does shake at highway speeds like unbalanced tires (and may be unbalanced)

By rattle do you mean "thud" like going over bumps....could be the anti rattle clips that go on the brake pad hardware.

Its actually has a thud with the breaks held... with out they are like a tin can rattle

I have the EXACT same problem. My guess is that the "tin can rattle" is the clips for the brake pads and the "thud" is the sway bar bushings (hopefully not ball joints). I need to check into getting new clips; I don't know if they are sold separate of the pads or not.

I have a new set of ball joints coming for my 04 LS for these problems. I found the problem by pushing down on the front of the bumper. Before, all it did was rattle and shake the steering wheel at highway speed. Now it creaks, rattles and shakes the steering wheel even when I hit the brakes. I did the ball joint check and found only the passenger side lower to be bad. I am not going to take any chances so I bought two lower ball joints. Sometime this month I am going to install them with the secondary timing chain tensioners. Until then, the LS will sit in my driveway. I dont want any more problems right now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back