NO2 help

zexls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Whats up fellas...
a friend of mine has a 95 lsc.. he put a wet nitrous kit on it. Its a 75hp shot ... the problem is.. he hits it at 3k.. it pulls good until 5k and then stops until he releases the button.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

zexls said:
Whats up fellas...
a friend of mine has a 95 lsc.. he put a wet nitrous kit on it. Its a 75hp shot ... the problem is.. he hits it at 3k.. it pulls good until 5k and then stops until he releases the button.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I dont really understand the question. Rephrase it and I will be able to help you. What info are you looking for?

What do you mean "it stops" at 5000rpm? The engine stops gaining RPM or what?

BTW, nitrous oxide is N2O. NO2 is nitrogen dioxide (nasty poisonus reddish colored gas.)

rocket5979 said:
I dont really understand the question. Rephrase it and I will be able to help you. What info are you looking for?
It pulls up to 5000 rpm and then it does not climb any more.

have you done your research. n2o is great if used right. if your going to be spraying the car you need to start reading the plugs. thats going to tell you whats going on in the motor. to me it sounds like the fuel jet is to big or n2o jet is to small. take the car to a dead road make a full pass then shut it down as soon as you let off the throttle. pull over and pull the plugs. i use a magnifying glass to check the plugs. your looking at the color and for small specs on the plug. the specs are going to be small pieces of piston from detonation but yours sounds to rich so that shouldnt be an issue.also if your going to up the shot from 75 you will have to start retarding timing. general rule is 2 degrees for every 50 horse shot. also make sure to use high octane fuel. an octane booster helps too. if you have anymore questions i'd be happy to help. better to ask than to burn pistons

talincolnlsc said:
general rule is 2 degrees for every 50 horse shot.

It is usually 2 degrees retard for the first 100 hp and then 2 degree retard for every additional 50 hp added after that. Of course with our cars and their fancy knock sensors we can have their perameters reconfigured so that they activate early to pull timing automatically. I have seen a few 2005 Mustang fellas doing that with good results so that they don't have to run a full tune with retarded timing all the time because the only alternative would be to take 15 minutes just to program their nitrous tune into their car.

Does your buddy have a 3k-5k window switch wired into just the nitrous solenoid and not both solenoids? That would cause the nitrous solenoid to close and stop spraying but still leave the fuel solenoid spraying which would cause your friend to run really rich and thus kill power till the system was otherwise disarmed. Just a thought that came to me just now.

Thanks everyone for your help it was the plugs, we went with the colder plugs and the car responded great.

Members online

No members online now.
Back