No start, no CEL codes ( but light is on) 2003 lincoln ls V6

did you have a change to look at you OM in the tech section ?

On Page 211 of the 03 LS Owners Manual ~ http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/tech/Lincoln-LS/2003LincolnLS-OwnersManual.pdf
it lists the front power distribution box ... Fuse 12 and Relay 03 are Coil-on-Plug related, however if it starts and does in fact run,
it's not related to anything in the front fuse box.

It may be a marginal failing coil (again) like you said but then again, there have been a lot of hands in there as of lately.
Could also be they failed to hook a vacuum line back up, who knows, it'd require looking into.

... and keeping in mind these guys would like to upsell you some more labour and parts.

did you have a change to look at you OM in the tech section ?

On Page 211 of the 03 LS Owners Manual ~ http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/tech/Lincoln-LS/2003LincolnLS-OwnersManual.pdf
it lists the front power distribution box ... Fuse 12 and Relay 03 are Coil-on-Plug related, however if it starts and does in fact run,
it's not related to anything in the front fuse box.

It may be a marginal failing coil (again) like you said but then again, there have been a lot of hands in there as of lately.
Could also be they failed to hook a vacuum line back up, who knows, it'd require looking into.

... and keeping in mind these guys would like to upsell you some more labour and parts.

You are absolutely right! Their have been too many hands working on my vehicle as of late, but I need her up and running again. I already know the politics dealing with dealerships and the high labor rates and parts. That's one reason why I refuse to buy the parts from them and supply my own parts for them to install. I've also gotten estimates from other shops that were lower since the dealership will price match the competitors. That is one thing they probably should not have told me lol! Other then that the technician was only able to start the car by jumping the fuse off for the coils (fuse12). Which led him to the fuse box itself being bad after checking all the wires from the fuse box. With that being said I am thinking maybe it will run a lot better with the new fuse box, hopefully. If not, I already have my coils and plugs ready for install..........................

Right on ... coils and plugs is something you can do in your driveway, it's too easy to pay someone else to do it. might as well save the money.

Right on ... coils and plugs is something you can do in your driveway, it's too easy to pay someone else to do it. might as well save the money.

Or in the garage. Only took me a couple of hours to check the plug gap (some were over 1mm); including trying to find one of the coil cover bolts! That stupid thing wedged itself a little between the crash brace and the frame! Took FOREVER to find that thing!!!!!! I used that 7mm wobbly socket on almost every cover bolt and the job went MUCH quicker!

Not going to get a tan hiding in the garage all day. lol

Members online

Back