no start gen 2

billy hicks

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,I've searched past threads on this and found some great info but nothing really specific to my problem.I have a '98 lsc with about 150 thousand on her,last week I took it out for it's last drive before winter storage,ran great.The next morning went to pull it in my shop,it started fine,ran for about three seconds then died.I tried to restart it,now the best way to describe this is that it sounded like the starter was laboring really hard yet it was turning the engine over,but as strange as this sounds,it sounded like my engine had no compression.Pulled coils and plugs on cyl,s 1,3,5,7,and checked comp. all very low(between 25 and 35lbs.).I pulled valve covers and checked cam chains and sprockets and everything looked suprisingly good,also half assed checked cam/valve timing,that looked good to.My question is has anyone had a starter on a mod engine go bad on them in a way that it works great on one start,then goes bad on the next, to the point it won't spin the motor fast enough to build compression? Thanks and sorry for the long thread.

Members online

No members online now.
Back