No more splash guard

eastcoastLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The splash guard on my LS managed to catch the wind perfect going down the interstate. I ended up having to remove and trash it. If you follow this link, the piece I lost is 6. I was curious to your opinions on how vital this piece is to have for driving in the rain? It's a 60 dollar piece of plastic and to replace it and not have the problem again, I would need to put a new lower valance on the bumper as well.

That ones not really a huge deal. It does help to funnel air through the radiator at highway speeds by keeping it from blowing out underneath the car, but its not completely necessary to have it. You'll still get plenty or air across the radiator through the upper grille.

That is vital for structural support. You might find the front bumper sagging as it kind of pushes forward on the lower half of the bumper which in turns pushes it up but I don't think you will have problems with water.

That is vital for structural support. You might find the front bumper sagging as it kind of pushes forward on the lower half of the bumper which in turns pushes it up but I don't think you will have problems with water.

im gonna agree with him unless you have a CAI really low in the front

The one and only time I took mine in to the stealership they messed with it for some reason. They then didn't put all the screws in correctly,.... some where missing and some were put in without those fastener clip things. Eventually they all fell out and even with it in place as long as it was not secure the bumper started sagging.

I reworked the whole area as part of fashioning a belly pan for land speed racing. I'd search used parts places for a replacement. Mine is now partly the original and partly .080 aluminum.
KS

The one and only time I took mine in to the stealership they messed with it for some reason. They then didn't put all the screws in correctly,.... some where missing and some were put in without those fastener clip things. Eventually they all fell out and even with it in place as long as it was not secure the bumper started sagging.

That is what has happened here. I'm going to look around some junk yards first and see what I come up with since I could use a new interior door panel as well.

Have fun with those clips the screws go into. I just used some zip ties.

Members online

Back