No leaks!

stink 'N linc 'N

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Finished up doing a rad and 190 t-stat change on my mark.
Had a problem with the fittings that came with the new rad. End up reusing the old ones . to get those out was a task of its own.
Installing everything went pretty good, no real problems. Filled it all up with coolant/water mix . "Burped" it to the best of my knowledge.
No leaks @ all. Thank you!!

Filled the overflow tank this morning before i went to work to the COLD FILL line. After about 15-20 minutes of driving , some on city streets and some on the highway, highest the needle got was to the M right about way... makes its way back down slightly to the A .

Its nothing like a drastic jump in temp. slowly rose to that spot.

Should i try and "burp" it again?
or would that be a commen occurence and Im fine to drive.

rads.jpg

radout.jpg

radone.jpg

noleak.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeeet! I just put one in a month or so ago. You will have to burp a couple times. As the car moves around air pockets fill up and the air gets out and up to the crossover.

I burped mine three times, then check it again 30 days later after taking it "off-road" :)

Oh, and with a lower temp stat you will see more spikes because you increased the "gap" between optimal t-stat temp and when the fan comes on. I went with a 180 and stay on the L, but the fan kicks in when I idle and get up to the M, then the cooling fan makes it drop. A chip will fix that. But still check to burp it!

Members online

Back