no heat

huggy

LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 02 ls v8 did the self test and got a code 12 76 which means battery voltage out range but it didnt list wat to do next any help would be appreciated its cold in indiana

May it's the same problem that 90% of the other posters with no heat has? Trapped air preventing circulation. It's in there because your plastic cooling system parts have degraded. They're letting a lot of air in, and a little coolant out.

Check the degas bottle cap and check the hoses from dccv to see if they are getting warm. It may take several attempts to properly bleed/burp the cooling system

i can hear air coming from the cap when i squeeze the hose is that normal

Not sure but a new cap is around ten bucks. You can also check that the blend door actuator is working it's located behind the glove box.

So you missed the degas bottle? That one's important. If you hear hissing from the degas or cap while squeezing a hose, then you know that you at least have a problem there.

All is such a small word. All in a sentence is easy to overlook while comparing OEM pricing. All or nothing cooling system re&re, degas included. All plastics much be replaced.

System must be air tight closed loop and able to get up to temp without over heating any further from any component degrading. Rad and Pump can be ignored on replacement. Be wise and put in new DCCV and Aux flow pump during rebuild. 1st GEN use JAG Aluminum T-housing with Ford T upgrade.

It degrades and become brittle over time. Replacing one part only causes further failures, In-completes or call backs. More then one as in All parts are needed.

Degas bottle dries out and forms cracks on the backsides, it's exposed to constant coolant heat cycling. re&re OEM bottle w/ cap required.

All Plastics needs to be refreshed. System needs to be able to be bled fully and correctly. Saving in labor rates, you can do All this work yourself at home with knowledge and tools.

It's understood folks be in a pinch and budgets don't comply, but it is what it is ... An old degrading plastic LS cooling system. :mad:

thanks and i noticed that the fluid doesnt leave my degas bottle but the hose fills like its nothing in it and i smell antifreeze

Members online

No members online now.
Back