No heat @ idle

2000sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Before I get the "search" comments....

I've been reading up on the no heat issue, and I see alot about the auxiliary pump going bad, causing no heat @ idle.

A few weeks back, I drove out to Detroit to pick up a fender (closest yard I could find with a Silver Frost driver's fender in good shape) and drove through a 6" deep "puddle" as it was the only way out of the industrial park I was in.

I am lowered on Eibach's which I'm sure made it worse, but as soon as I hit the water, all the windows fogged up, and I couldnt get them de-fogged.

after letting it sit for awhile, I got the windows cleared up, but everytime I would hit idle, they would fog up again.

Fast forward to this past weekend...

It was finally cold enough that I had to use the heat... and If I put the A/C on auto,and 80*F, I get nothing but outside temp air @ idle, and then eventually, sustained 2000RPM + driving, I will get heat.

Could this be the electric aux pump?

if so, does anyone happen to know the Motorcraft p/n?

car is a 2000 V6

I would say it is; don't know the P/N though.

When I bought my car a couple years ago I had the same issue. After looking around on this site about the auxilary pump I went and checked. For me it ended up just being the pump was disconnected. Some how the plug had popped off. That was the fix.

My understanding is that the V6s don't have the aux coolant pump. Maybe that's gen II V6 only?

Anyway, have you looked to see if you have an aux pump?

It was a hectic weekend... didn't really get a chance to look.

I will lift it up when I get home from work tonight.

I guess that would make this even more fun to diagnose...

Members online

No members online now.
Back