No hate like liberal hate?

It's funny, and pathetic, how you imply that pointing out that a Presidential candidate, who has been spared any critical examination by the media, has RADICAL friends, advisers, and sponsors is some kind of hilarious "last desperate move."

Wonder what would happen if the media demanded proof that Obama's children were, in fact, his and not someone else's, like they've done with Palin.

From the New York Daily News:

“A similar blind spot toward the political ‘other’ explains much of the contempt for Palin. If she were a Democrat, her unusual life would be spun into a compelling narrative that would make her the darling of the coastal elite.

How she’s raising that lovely brood of kids, her care for that severely handicapped baby, her relationship with that rugged hubby who often cares for the kids and is part native, her unlikely rise through the political minefields, her tough knocks and gutsy performance on the national stage - all would be testament to a breakthrough of historic proportions we would be ordered to celebrate in the name of diversity and equality…

Some day, we will look back with disgust at the abuse Palin has taken and wonder how it could happen in this great nation, circa 2008.”

It's funny, and pathetic, how you imply that pointing out that a Presidential candidate, who has been spared any critical examination by the media, has RADICAL friends, advisers, and sponsors is some kind of hilarious "last desperate move."

What in the #### are you talking about, did you read the article? It is a desparate move, if McCain knew he could win this without muck-flinging, he wouldn't bother with it.

What in the #### are you talking about, did you read the article? It is a desparate move, if McCain knew he could win this without muck-flinging, he wouldn't bother with it.

Yeah, I read the article... and more importantly, I knew the story and the details before reading it anyway.

If McCain would win the election without running any ads or leaving his house, he wouldn't bother to do that either. Using you're logic, getting up in the morning is a desperate move by McCain.

I take issue with the premise that because the media is so grossly negligent and that it has so clearly taken a role as both an advocate and defender of Obama, that it's up to McCain's campaign alone to point out how reckless it is to vote for Obama.

Can you seriously tell me that Obama's biography doesn't concern you?
You don't find his long list of associates and influences to be worthy of some examination?

NBC sent a news crew to Vietnam to interview McCain's torturer but they haven't even begun to address Obama's biography, who his mentors are, and what type of people have sponsored him through his career.

You don't find this alarming?
The media was in the tank for Kerry, but this election cycle shocks and astounds even the most jaded media critics like myself. It's not just frustrating, it's just sad. The press is so important in a representational republic that it actually has a constitutionally protected role.... and they are grossly abusing that public trust in a way that's really inconceivable. They truly are, by definition, a fifth column.

If McCain would win the election without running any ads or leaving his house, he wouldn't bother to do that either. Using you're logic, getting up in the morning is a desperate move by McCain.
Well done, sir!

Yeah, I read the article... and more importantly, I knew the story and the details before reading it anyway.

I take issue with the premise that because the media is so grossly negligent and that it has so clearly taken a role as both an advocate and defender of Obama, that it's up to McCain's campaign alone to point out how reckless it is to vote for Obama.

Can you seriously tell me that Obama's biography doesn't concern you?
You don't find his long list of associates and influences to be worthy of some examination?

NBC sent a news crew to Vietnam to interview McCain's torturer but they haven't even begun to address Obama's biography, who his mentors are, and what type of people have sponsored him through his career.

You don't find this alarming?
The media was in the tank for Kerry, but this election cycle shocks and astounds even the most jaded media critics like myself. It's not just frustrating, it's just sad. The press is so important in a representational republic that it actually has a constitutionally protected role.... and they are grossly abusing that public trust in a way that's really inconceivable. They truly are, by definition, a fifth column.

No, that wouldn't be my logic and you know the difference between an aggressive campaign and a non-aggressive (or less) one. McCain clearly is stepping it up (if the story is true) because he has to now, it's the 23rd hour and the polls are showing his chances are getting slimmer and slimmer. Rasmussen has Obama up by at least 8% and 538 has him WAY up.

I don't think Obama should have won the nomination; there were far more qualified Dem candidates. I don't buy into the "Muslim appeasing terrorist who was born Indonesia" ranting though.

There are Conservative news agencies out there, instead of pointing the finger at NBC and CNN who you view as being liberal-biased, why aren't you upset with the news agencies who are supposed to be fair across the board or leaning to the Right? Fox is huge and supposedly even-grounded (Right-leaning, imo), why aren't they running story after story of Obama's shady dealings?

Happy Birthday Mr Dude...:HB

And, as a special b'day gift - Minnesota just went Blue - woo hoo!!!!

260 out of 270!!!! http://www.270towin.com/

Although that could change tomorrow - tonight beer is on me!!!

I don't think Obama should have won the nomination; there were far more qualified Dem candidates. I don't buy into the "Muslim appeasing terrorist who was born Indonesia" ranting though.
The more I look into that stuff, the more curious it is. But the vast majority of people who are campaigning against Obama haven't engaged in that kind of "ranting." His non-muslim, American hating, radical left sponsors and mentors are concerning enough.

There are Conservative news agencies out there, instead of pointing the finger at NBC and CNN who you view as being liberal-biased, why aren't you upset with the news agencies who are supposed to be fair across the board or leaning to the Right? Fox is huge and supposedly even-grounded (Right-leaning, imo), why aren't they running story after story of Obama's shady dealings?
Because, OBVIOUSLY, they aren't as right-leaning as you seem to think. Fox has SOME conservative commentators on their station, and they make a conserted effort to voice both sides of a debate, but as anyone who watches the network can tell you, their straight news division isn't overtly conservative. And even the conservatives act in a professional manner. This is contrast to the overtly liberal cultures at other companies, ones where conservatism is hunted down and persecuted with an intensity that makes the Hollywood red scare (a legit concern, by the way) seem tame.

At the end of the day, all of the MSM outlets really have their agendas driven by the AP and NY Times.

The commentators like Hannity and O'Reilly HAVE made note of Obama's scary background.

ABOUT DAMN TIME!!

McCain calls Obama a liar
Oct 6 03:44 PM US/Eastern
By PHILIP ELLIOTT
Associated Press Writer

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Republican John McCain is calling Democratic rival Barack Obama a liar.

The GOP presidential candidate told a campaign rally: "Sen. Obama has accused me of opposing regulation to avert this crisis. I guess he believes if a lie is big enough and repeated often enough it will be believed."

In some of the harshest language yet, McCain said the campaign comes down to a simple question: Who is the real Barack Obama?

McCain drew the loudest cheers when he said the Democrat has written two memoirs but "he's not exactly an open book."

Trailing in the polls, McCain and his advisers say they will hammer that theme as the campaign heads toward the Nov. 4 election.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back