No Door Ajar Message

Fatmac

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a problem, but I don't think it is in the doors. I've tried the WD-40 trick.
The first morning driving to work in the dark I hit a bump in the road and my interior lights came on and would not go off. Unless I made a left hand turn, as soon as I came out of the turn they would come back on. Got to work and pulled the #6 fuse which disarmed the interior lights, the seats, mirrors, keyless entry. Left it out for a few days and took some duct tape tore off a couple of 1" squares and put on the door where the door switch where it hit the door. That worked for a couple of days, then it started again. While it was working I noticed that the radio would go off as soon as I turned off the key. When I first got the car it acted right and the radio would stay on till I opened the door. Is it just faulty door striker switches or a relay somewhere else. It's not a major problem but I would like to work right.
JE:confused:

The door switch is busted. Mine is broken on the passenger side too. I intended to buy a new one, but my quick fix has worked for years. Basically I cut a piece of wood, the same diameter as the rubber piece that surrounds the switch. Its about 1/4" thick. Wrapped it in black electrical tape to disguise it. I stuffed it in there and the ridges of the rubber piece naturally hold it in place. It holds for a few months, but then it falls out and I have to stuff it back in there.

The first morning driving to work in the dark I hit a bump in the road and my interior lights came on and would not go off. Unless I made a left hand turn, as soon as I came out of the turn they would come back on. .

Well with the left hand turn story I'd say it must be the drivers side being the culprit..

Don't know if it is related, but my outside temp gauge is way off now. We finally had a warm day in Atl, GA. Windows down sun roof open and the temp gauge reads 43 when it was 78. It did warm up to 50 by the time I got home.
Could all of this be signs that something is getting ready to go out?
THX

Members online

No members online now.
Back