No crank no start after cluster removel

Tay937

LVC Member
Reaction score
I removed cluster to put in leds i put back in and it would noy crank nor start

I removed cluster to put in leds i put back in and it would noy crank nor start
It seems like you have have broken the RF coil for the PATS, or you didn't get everything reconnected correctly. You did disconnect the battery before unplugging/removing the cluster, right?

The PATS light is flashing rapidly when you try to start, correct? Wait for it to slow down, and it will flash out a two digit code. What is that code?

How can i bypass or reset it with out key fob?

The "key fob" is the remote for the doors. It has nothing to do at all with the PATS.
To marry PATS to another key if you only have one key, then you need at least two of the correct PATS keys, and you have to get them cut for your car. Then, you can use Forscan to marry the car to them.

It seems like you have have broken the RF coil for the PATS, or you didn't get everything reconnected correctly. You did disconnect the battery before unplugging/removing the cluster, right?

The PATS light is flashing rapidly when you try to start, correct? Wait for it to slow down, and it will flash out a two digit code. What is that code?

The "key fob" is the remote for the doors. It has nothing to do at all with the PATS.
To marry PATS to another key if you only have one key, then you need at least two of the correct PATS keys, and you have to get them cut for your car. Then, you can use Forscan to marry the car to them.
After it stops blinking rapidly it just flashes twice with a second between each flash..idk what that means..before unplugging the wires from cluster i did have negative disconnected.but i had it connected when i started unscrewing the screws for cluster and 1 slip down and tapped the ignition coil and made a little spark.

All together the light blinks 20 times after the rapid flash

After it stops blinking rapidly it just flashes twice with a second between each flash..idk what that means..before unplugging the wires from cluster i did have negative disconnected.but i had it connected when i started unscrewing the screws for cluster and 1 slip down and tapped the ignition coil and made a little spark.

That's PATS code 11. It means the PATS transceiver is not working. When you say "ignition coil," you must not mean any of the actual ignition coils, because they are all on top of the engine. Do you actually mean the PATS transceiver coil that encircles the ignition key slot? I assume so, as this fits with the problem. It sounds like you either blew the coil itself, or more likely the PATS transceiver. I'd replace both as a set.

That's PATS code 11. It means the PATS transceiver is not working. When you say "ignition coil," you must not mean any of the actual ignition coils, because they are all on top of the engine. Do you actually mean the PATS transceiver coil that encircles the ignition key slot? I assume so, as this fits with the problem. It sounds like you either blew the coil itself, or more likely the PATS transceiver. I'd replace both as a set.
Yes i apologize ignition cyclinder is wat i meant to put...so try replacing PATS transceiver and ignition coil?

I mean ignition cylinder

No, there's no reason to believe anything is wrong with your ignition cylinder. It's just a mechanical key lock. I referred to the PATS transceiver and the PATS transceiver RF (antenna) coil.

No, there's no reason to believe anything is wrong with your ignition cylinder. It's just a mechanical key lock. I referred to the PATS transceiver and the PATS transceiver RF (antenna) coil.
Ok ill start there thanks for the help

It sounds like you either blew the coil itself, or more likely the PATS transceiver.

Wow. Are those easy to break, Joe? Because I still need to replace the airbag light since some on here tell me they think it probably burned out because I'm getting a B1869 from the RCM and have let it flash so long from the B1995 low resistance code.
It would really suck if when I finally do replace it and the PATS system takes a crap on me.

Edit: Come to think of it, I'll have to go FORScan it again because I remember clearing it a few times and thought it was still giving me those codes but I just now remember I'm not hearing the message center tone anymore that was indicating there's a code and it can't show it with the warning light.

After replacing PATS TRANSCEIVER do u have to reprogram anything?

B1681 is indicating that the PATS transceiver still isn't working. Programming shouldn't be able to fix that.

Was going to be my suggestion I changed some bulbs out and blew the fuse as well on my 1st ls took me a few hours to figure it out. Glad you found it.

Was going to be my suggestion I changed some bulbs out and blew the fuse as well on my 1st ls took me a few hours to figure it out. Glad you found it.
Thanks im glad i didnt get to expensive.i dam sure didnt think it even had a fuse that was the first place i tried to look .didnt know it was a third fuse box on passanger side smh

Members online

No members online now.
Back