No Catera Forum?

vettetols

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
getting ready to do an engine change and was wondering why there was no catera forum or am i missing it?

Thats a good piont:confused: ...Maybe it's not really considered a Cadillac, because it was a re badged Opel Omega made in Germany..I feel it's just as much a Cadillac as the one made in Canada or the one with parts made in Mexico and China!:mad:
That may not be the reason, But I like to ramble on some times!:D

250px-97-99_Cadillac_Catera_.jpg

Actually - it should belong under CTS - Catera Touring Sedan... That is what CTS stood for originally (although now Cadillac just refers to the models as "C-Class" sort of ala Mercedes), and I believe the early CTSs used a form of the Opel 3.0 engine... and parts of the first CTSs had the word "Catera" stamped on them.

You really are swapping an engine in a Catera?

Actually - it should belong under CTS - Catera Touring Sedan... That is what CTS stood for originally (although now Cadillac just refers to the models as "C-Class" sort of ala Mercedes), and I believe the early CTSs used a form of the Opel 3.0 engine... and parts of the first CTSs had the word "Catera" stamped on them.

You really are swapping an engine in a Catera?

yes its a long story~ i just wondered if it comes out the top or do i drop it?? are there any special little nuances? i know on the c-5 vettes there are a few

My friend used to have a 97 Catera with full custom exhaust, lowering springs and custom cold air intake... it was a fun car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back