no ac, abs system cooling system pulling to the right

skylear p

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hello I have to many problems with my 2006 lincon ls v8 06 first my car has been pulling to the right even after I had the hole front arms replaced. 2nd i just replace my hole entire thermostat housing, radior, and fan for constantly over heating, so when I pulled in my driveway I noticed that my coolent way slightly steaming out of the hood on the driver side around the coolant reservoir after I let the car sit for the night I noticed that the coolant level was low and did know how it happen. but I didnt see anything mabe it could be a bad cap or a big air bubble. 3rd I went to the auto zone to check my car for codes, When I got the car back from the shop about a mouth ago my anti track control light has been flashing, along with the service park brake message poping up, and the anti track control message poping up as well. but when I got the codes they were a C1998 module calibration failure, and C2777 sensor bus failure non of these affect the way the car drives or opperate at all beside the pulling the right. after getting rotated and ballanced with a 4 wheel alliment. 4th I have little to no ac I have a slit bit of cold air on the far driver side. and one last thing after driving my car and shut the engine off their is a bunch of odd noises coming around the fuse box under the hood in the front of the moter on the passenger side that is a bit consernig. thanks for time reading this
thinking about selling it after putting 12k in the car

1. Remove the engine fill cap.
  • s6x~us~en~file=a0060236.gif~gen~ref.gif
  1. Open the heater air bleed.
  • s6x~us~en~file=a0004560.gif~gen~ref.gif
  1. Add coolant to the degas bottle allowing the system to equalize until no more coolant can be added.
  1. Install the degas bottle cap.
s6x~us~en~file=ani_caut.gif~gen~ref.gif
CAUTION: Care must be taken to make sure the accessory drive belt does not become contaminated with engine coolant.

1. Add as much coolant as possible to the engine fill. The heater air bleed will remain open.
  1. Install the engine fill cap.
    • Install the engine fill cap until contact is made and then tighten an additional 45 degrees (1/8 turn).
  • s6x~us~en~file=a0060236.gif~gen~ref.gif
  1. NOTE: The heater air bleed remains open.
    Start the engine and turn the heater to the defrost (90°F) position.
  1. Close the heater air bleed when a steady stream of coolant escapes during engine idle.
  1. Allow the engine to idle for 5 minutes, add coolant to the degas bottle as needed to maintain the cold fill MAX mark.
  1. Reopen the heater air bleed to release any trapped air and close again.
  1. Maintain engine speed of 2,000 rpm for 3-5 minutes or until hot air comes from the heater.
  1. Return to idle and verify hot air is still coming from the heater.
  1. Set the heater temperature setting to 24°C (75°F) and allow the vehicle to idle for 2 minutes.
  1. Shut the engine off and allow to cool.
  1. After the engine has cooled, add coolant to the degas bottle to bring the level to the cold fill MAX mark.

You also must replace DCCV Motorcraft and all other components of the coolant system that you haven't installed yet

my 2006 lincon ls v8 06 first my car has been pulling to the right even after I had the hole front arms replaced
I assume you had both the upper and lower control arms replaced on the front???

If the rear upper and lower arms are worn out too, they need to be replaced also.

If the car is still pulling to the right, my guess would be that the shop that aligned the car didn't do a 4 wheel alignment, or the rear suspension has issues causing the pull to the right.

Couple of things that I've recently found helpful with managing the LS cooling system:
1.) For slow weeping or slow drip type leaks, try using Bar's Leaks High Mileage Cooling System Repair Additive. Follow the directions on the label precisely. It works very effectively.
2.) Replace or top off the coolant with Prestone's recently introduced PLATINUM universal Pre-Diluted coolant. It is a *modern* coolant formulation/additives and it has an extremely long service life of 15+ year/350,000 mi. Put it in and forget about it!!! Also it is less expensive than the dated Motocraft Gold coolant. Pre-Diluted is great because finding distilled water and getting the mix right is a pain.

Members online

Back