No A/C, new DCCV. Disconnected hose.

silverbucket

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So last summer I had the hot on one side cold on the other when A/C was on, so I changed the DCCV this February. I Haden't had an opportunity to test the A/C because when I changed it, it was cold outside. Today I went to use the A/C and the air was luke warm not heated. Put the car in the air and after a few hours of testing things and inspecting others, I found that the compressor is not coming on and I found a hose with a peanut fitting on the end that was disconnected (the nut on the end somehow fell off) I traced the hose back to the drier.

I'm assuming this is why I have no A/C now, so now I'm wondering can I just reconnect the hose and all will be well, and would that hose being disconnected cause the compressor not to turn on due to lack of pressure?
Also can I just put any nut back in place of the missing one to connect the hose back?

I included a picture of the hose and connection in question. Any help would be appreciated.

image.gif

In the least you would probably need to replace the dryer and take it to some one who can vacuum down the system and refill with freon. Just connecting the hose will do nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must replace the receiver/dryer
You should flush the whole system since you had an open connection for who knows how long.
You should drain the remaining oil out of the compressor because there is no way to know how much is still in there now.
You must fill the compressor with the correct amount of the correct oil.
You must pull a full vacuum on the system for at least 1/2 an hour (I would do a full hour in your case).
You must put in the correct amount of R-134a refrigerant. (Don't use anything that has other stuff mixed in to "make it better.")

Yes, the pressure sensor is preventing the compressor from running. It's a good thing because running it without refrigerant would destroy it very very quickly.
I suppose you can use any nut that correctly fits. I would put Loctite on it.

Thanks for the responses, I'd like to think I'm mechanically inclined, I like to do almost everything myself, but I will admit I have never messed with the A/C system before. Joe, would it make more sense to have this stuff done at a shop or just get the flush and vacuum done and do the rest myself? Thanks again for the help.

If you don't have the equipment and the experience, then get a shop to do it all.

I researched a bit more and decided to do it myself. I'll let you guys know how everything turns out. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back