Nitrous vs. Superchargers

I thought this was a good explanation. Hopefully, it is 100% correct.

http://www.racingjunk.com/s/NitrousVsSuperchargers

That person more or less described things pretty accurate. He did explain a few items using incorrect terminology but it is close enough for the laymen to get a basic understanding how this stuff works. :Beer

The last comment "One isn't "better" than the other." is accurate in a global sense but there are specific combinations that are much more friendly to one of the other.

N2O and supercharging

I thought this was a good explanation. Hopefully, it is 100% correct.

http://www.racingjunk.com/s/NitrousVsSuperchargers
Brock, the info, as ILLS said, is close enough for basic use. I have a degree in Chemistry so I'd actually quarrel more with the N2O explanation than the supercharging. And heat is no problem as long as you have the means in the engine to keep that engine running at the proper temperature.

For my own explanation, read again the first dozen or so posts on 'Land Speed LS'. I'd also say that how supercharging and N2O might work together wasn't even touched on, nor was the possibility of fuels alternate to gasoline. And you'll also understand why I'm building a new engine that'll have some much stronger parts.

KenS from Ben's Place

I think a supercharger would be better as you don't have to keep buying NOS to keep using it.

I have both in two seperate but similar cars and I must say I LOVE the supercharger way way more than the nitrous. Nitrous is a once in awhile use and all the rest of the time that car is a pooch POS! The supercharger car is power on demand and is basicly free every time you smash the throttle compared to the nitrous car that cost money every time you go WOT.

I think a supercharger would be better as you don't have to keep buying NOS to keep using it.

It all comes down to what is important for that car owner. Is initial cost more important or long term cost? Is fuel mileage really important or is on tap power at the drop of the pedal more a persons style. These few questions plus more will be the determining factors in whether an individual would be better served to go with nitrous, a supercharger or turbo.

Members online

No members online now.
Back