Nitrous question

viiiball

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys, this is just a question or a few questions to see if its somthing i really want,it may or may not ever happen,just curious
1.how hard is the install, what does it take,and what are the potential gains?
2.what system should you use,on a street daily driver?
3.What other mods are needed to the factory parts?
4.would you reccommend doing this to a car,that has 160,000 miles and only mods are chip and exhaust mods?
any info is helpful,as always i appreciate all info,good and bad. :Beer :wrench :GotPics: :L

no one?....wow i thought ther would be a bunch of ya jumping at this one.... :Beer :feedback oh well....shows how much i know

Geno's done it a few times.

As far as what's needed to be done to the existing stuff on the car, you're gonna need a better fuel pump and colder plugs for certain. I think you'd be safe with a 100hp shot of nitrous, provided you're not sprayin' all over town. That's one way to kill a motor and go broke in the process. lol

Good luck.

brand and part #'s please also, how bout wet or dry? post away, i know lms has a system what about that?NOS? or the purple one, the name escaped me right now....damn brainfart!

I personally do not like nitrous, but also would not recommend it on a motor that has that many miles.

The easiest is the dry kit.....you can plumb it into the intake tube with no problems.....VERY easy.

nitrous is like tampons, every pusssy car has it!, sorry i dont like it , i like the saying "run on the street, what you can run at the track" in other words street tires and no nitrous for evrey day driving, i would only use it after my car could not go any faster on NA.

-Eric

NOS dry kit 05115 for 5.0 Mustangs
Steeda timing adjuster
Walbro 255lph in-tank
Colder plugs 12c
Maybe AFPR

Install is super easy. Get a bottle heater and a remote bottle opener.
I figure $700-800

dry or wet

MrWilson said:
what does dry or wet nitrous mean?
It is wrong to think that a dry kit is soooo much easer. a wet kit mixes gas with :nos: witch helpes it mix. NO is not explosive in the least. all it does is provide more oxigen for the car to burn. so why not use just oxigen? well it is explosive and will not conpres to as well it remanes a gas under PSI in a contaned cylender.

Members online

No members online now.
Back