NIB, OEM THX head unit,,from ebay,,no joy :(

the easiest way is with a wired FM mod...

like one of these ones for aux in...
http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-IS32-Universal-Integration-Smartphones/dp/B004613FCE

or this one for wireless bluetooth
http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-ISFM2...e=UTF8&qid=1460481069&sr=8-7&keywords=isimple

or thios one for wireless bluetooth AND hands free phone calls
http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-Hands...e=UTF8&qid=1460481069&sr=8-4&keywords=isimple

Tnx for that link,,i dont have an MP3 player but see them cheap on CL.

I keep thinking i'm missing something,,,,,looked for a locking screw or bolt used sometimes to ship stuff so the insides wont crash around,,didnt see anything diff from my original unit.

now i DO see instructions for setting the unit FOR shipping,,right on the case.

But found nothing online or in owners manual saying anything about what to do when a shipped unit is received.

Can't see how that would affect sub woofer operation anyway.

Wish somebody made a harness to hook up an AM unit :(

Joe sent me the info but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a bit to much for me at my ,,,,age and condition :)

If i had to wire direct,,probly take me a week :(

Also how would you turn on the rear amps ?

Sorry for whining,,,,,,i am just SO dissapointed right now.

thinking of taking one apart and checking the ribbon cable to the HU ??

Door open's but no lights.

If i could get a cd player to work i could put it on my good radio.

any car audio experts want a shot at one of these ??

I bought one of these as well, but it was more of an experiment to decide if I wanted to use it on my non-THX system. I see that the connectors are incompatible for the most part to my stock base system, so it just sits in my basement. I guess mine may be bad as well...no way to know!

I bought one of these as well, but it was more of an experiment to decide if I wanted to use it on my non-THX system. I see that the connectors are incompatible for the most part to my stock base system, so it just sits in my basement. I guess mine may be bad as well...no way to know!

To make it work, you would need at least:
Wiring harnesses (way different for nav than non-nav).
DVD map unit in trunk (the headunit is brain dead without this, it is what generates the video).
GPS antenna.
4 channel amp in trunk (there is no amp at all in the nav headunit, the non-nav all have built-in amps).
subs and sub amp if you don't already have that (same as high-end sound system).

If you want it to work right, then you also need:
nav rear-view mirror (has microphone built-in for voice commands to nav).
Change out all door speakers to correct THX speaker assemblies.
Change out steering wheel buttons to correct nav buttons.

Way, way more practical to go from non-nav to aftermarket than from non-nav to factory nav.

I emailed the seller a couple days ago.
told him BOTH units bad,,wanted a refund.
he said if i send both units back he would refund me.

shipping on each unit is $21.
seems strange he send second replacement and not ask for first one sent back.
Way past any ebay claim time so he don't have to refund anything.
but IF he did refund i would be out only $42..
If he did not the cost would go up :(

To make it work, you would need at least:
Wiring harnesses (way different for nav than non-nav).
DVD map unit in trunk (the headunit is brain dead without this, it is what generates the video).
GPS antenna.
4 channel amp in trunk (there is no amp at all in the nav headunit, the non-nav all have built-in amps).
subs and sub amp if you don't already have that (same as high-end sound system).

If you want it to work right, then you also need:
nav rear-view mirror (has microphone built-in for voice commands to nav).
Change out all door speakers to correct THX speaker assemblies.
Change out steering wheel buttons to correct nav buttons.

Way, way more practical to go from non-nav to aftermarket than from non-nav to factory nav.

Thanks, Joe. My only thought was to MAYBE use it as a cheaper alternative to the aftermarket navigation h/u's out there. Probably not worth the effort, as you note above. It's hard to plunk down a grand or more for a nice Pioneer nav unit, and it seems they still don't have the greatest displays or use processors that come anywhere near the speed of smartphones. But, that's probably what I'll do. I've done a couple multi-amp systems in other vehicles in the past, but not sure how far I want to go with my LS.

Your 2nd paragraph has me thinking...I always hate the aftermarket look of the microphone clipped somewhere...do you think it'd be possible to use a navigation rear view mirror with mic with an aftermarket h/u? Or, I'm wondering if you know what is behind the "grille" on the right side of the dash just under the instrument panel? Trying to think of a nice "invisible" place for the mic. Also trying to figure out a good way to mount the aftermarket GPS antenna...it appears the factory one is between the headliner and roof? Does that work? I thought they had to have unobstructed (unless glass) views of the sky?

Thanks!

Ron, sorry for hijacking your post!

Answers...
I did try to use the factory microphone in the mirror with my JVC aftermarket nav. The gain on the factory mic was too low.
The "grille" on dash is the air inlet for the climate control cabin temperature sensor. You don't want to put anything there.
The factory location for the GPS antenna is in the dash, near the center just in front of the PATS light/headlight sensor. It has a good view through the windshield there.
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xj7004.htm~gen~ref.htm

if you remove the A-pillars and then unsnap the panel closest to the windshield, there is plenty of room under there for most aftermarket GPS antennas. the view doesn't have to be truly unobstructed, the signal can pass through thin plastic, just not metal like the roof of the car.

if you want to try to use the OEM mic, you will need to find one of the few brands that offer an adjustable mic gain, I've only seen it a couple of times, I think in kenwoods IIRC.

An alternative, you can drop the headliner, cut a hole in the board at a point that would pick up your voice without cutting into the fabric, then mount the antenna so the mike is facing the hole. Invisible mike, no reduction in performance. It doesn't need to be a large hole, but you would need to ensure there is enough clearance between the headliner and the metal roof for the mike to fit without pushing through the hole and making a dent in the headliner material. I think I'd put it close to the overhead console as there should be ample clearance here, and you can drop the overhead console and work through its hole.

Disclaimer - the LS may very well glue its center console to the headliner rather than have a hole in the headliner like every other car that has an overhead console does.

I posted the original link. I had no problem with the one I bought. I had a friend that bought one and the CD player worked but he had no subs working either like you. I think the problem is if you match the part #'s on the unit you have to the unit you got from ebay, they may be different.

The ebay seller has 100% feedback. I don't think there is a problem with the units he's selling. I think Lincoln has a variable in the wiring in the connectors in different part # Navi units and factory harness vs the Year LS. Altho the plugs are the same, the Pins must be wired different to outputs on the Navi units and the Factory sub amp.

I wonder if anyone knows if the rear doors speaker could be spliced and run to the rear amp as a work around? Apparently there is some playback issue with your car year with the CD also. Or could it be a burned CD that wont play you're using?

What year is your car?

I just noticed something else about the sellers ebay link on these Navi radios.

They Sold 21 of these same, LS Navi units in the last year. He has 100% feedback. And every feedback on the LS Navi buys is 100%. BTW: I just emailed him too to ask some questions about the units. I am also going to call Lincoln parts and try to see what might be going on.

...I wonder if anyone knows if the rear doors speaker could be spliced and run to the rear amp as a work around? ...

No. That would do no good. The low (sub level) frequencies are filtered out from the feeds to the door speakers.

I emailed him and asked for a RMA for the units but no answer for days :(

RMA?

I hope someone else here post if they bought one. This is strange to me, especially if you had 2 units. Can you check the part numbers? Old to new?

RMA?

I hope someone else here post if they bought one. This is strange to me, especially if you had 2 units. Can you check the part numbers? Old to new?

I really dont like the idea of pulling everything out again to look :(

I cant imagine they would make the units not all compatible..

Got my refund today.

even tho i only paid for ONE unit i had to send TWO units back !

I ended up spending $42 in postage..

Add in a free cd player for just $20 shipping that didn't work, ( very generous effort from a member ) .

now i have $62 into into my HU with no headway ,, :)

Would like to know if ANYBODY had any luck with the unit's he is selling.

As I posted before. I had no problem with the unit I got. There were also 19 + 100% feedbacks on the guys site that bought those units, and had no problems.

But based on the problems you had, I would NOT recommend anyone buy a unit from him for their LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back