NGK Coil Over Plug...Thoughts/Opinions/ Experiences?

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Was visiting the Rockauto site tonight pricing starters for my wife’s Jeep Cherokee and as always started pricing parts for the LS also...I saw they have for sale NGK Coil Over Plugs so I broke down and purchased one...want to inspect it he quality and longevity...Anyone have anything to say about the NGK COPs?

Was visiting the Rockauto site tonight pricing starters for my wife’s Jeep Cherokee and as always started pricing parts for the LS also...I saw they have for sale NGK Coil Over Plugs so I broke down and purchased one...want to inspect it he quality and longevity...Anyone have anything to say about the NGK COPs?

I have never tried them but it would be something decent to test out I think because NGK/NTK is usually a good brand. I wonder if there is a way to stress test them with any of the scan tools to get a accurate reading. I see some people say that the BWD ones are not bad because they are made in the USA if I am not mistaken. I know OEM COP's are supposed to be the best option but it would be interesting to see what others say about the NGK ones.

Dude, you must be a glutton for punishment. A Cherokee and an LS?? Ouch. I've got a couple wj Grand Cherokees and with this new LS added to the stable, I got zero time for bad habits.

I put an NGK coil pack on my 02 wj and it works just fine so far. With the obsolescence of most factory parts for the LS, we better hope for a strong aftermarket support network. Old Jeeps suffer the same fate but they have a major cult following with lots of parts alternatives. Hope Jag keeps making cross-reference stuff. I've used mostly aftermarket suppliers on my Jeeps and they are performing great.

Dude, you must be a glutton for punishment. A Cherokee and an LS?? Ouch. I've got a couple wj Grand Cherokees and with this new LS added to the stable, I got zero time for bad habits.

I put an NGK coil pack on my 02 wj and it works just fine so far. With the obsolescence of most factory parts for the LS, we better hope for a strong aftermarket support network. Old Jeeps suffer the same fate but they have a major cult following with lots of parts alternatives. Hope Jag keeps making cross-reference stuff. I've used mostly aftermarket suppliers on my Jeeps and they are performing great.
Absolutely! I just replaced the starter on the wife’s Jeep today what a PITA had to take of the driveshaft and even then had to use a three foot extension with torque Driver to remove the bolts lol ...went with aftermarket DB Electric starter and Mechanic is using DB electric alternator on the LS this week ...it’s at the shop as we speak ...the DB starter had a astounding 17 5 star***** review not one bad ...just hoping the DB alternator I replace is just as good Joegr gave me a warning that it’s Motorcraft or bust ...last time I didn’t take heed to his advise I paid for it lol

Amazon Warehouses Open box deal on the DB alternator just to let you know ...paid $36.00 dollars

Amazon is the devil. A man has to take a stand and Amazon may be my Alamo, but I'll go down avoiding them.

Amazon is the devil. A man has to take a stand and Amazon may be my Alamo, but I'll go down avoiding them.
31l1YRHQYuL._SX180_.jpg
Moog ES800414 Tie Rod End

Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc
$7.71
Condition: Used - Very Good - Minor cosmetic imperfection on top, front or sides of item. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged
31AF2yIH6mL._SX180_.jpg
Moog ES800415 Tie Rod End

Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc
Return eligible through Jan 31, 2019
$4.72
Condition: Used - Like New - Item will come in original packaging.

I respect that but until I stop getting deals on perfect parts like this for my LS I will continue taking my chances ...O’ Reilly’s wanted $79.99 a piece look what I paid just because someone returned them Ha! You know what they say “ One mans trash is another man’s treasure”

Members online

Back