Newly installed Eibachs

01lssport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, I instaled the spring yesterday in about 5 hours (3 hours on the front and 2 hours on the back). Not to hard. What a difference it makes in just the overall look.
One thing that I did find for anyone that does they in the futher, on the rears you don't have to compress the new spring to put it on. Just use another person to put retaining nut on while you put a little weight on the spring assembly. That will save some time.
Anyways here's the before and after pics.

car1.jpg

lowered ls.jpg

KD00LS said:
Did you have to get an allignment or anything?

Yes, it is going to the shop first thing in the morning. When you lower the car you change the geometry of the suspension. An alignment will correct these things. I think I remeber Quick saying that the rear of the car can not be corrected all the way, but thats the price you pay for looking good.

01lssport said:
Yes, it is going to the shop first thing in the morning. When you lower the car you change the geometry of the suspension. An alignment will correct these things. I think I remeber Quick saying that the rear of the car can not be corrected all the way, but thats the price you pay for looking good.

Did you buy an Eibach Camber Kit?

KD00LS said:
Did you buy an Eibach Camber Kit?

As we stated in previous posts - do not waste your money on the camber kit.

It's your rear that will be out the most - the kit is only for the front - and it doesn't fit very well - two LLSOC members that tried it removerd it because it fit so poorly it looked unsafe.

With only a 1" drop you should be able to get within 1 degree - which is fine for street use and wioll make the cornering a tad bit better.

I actually have mine at 1.5 degrees.

Quik LS said:
As we stated in previous posts - do not waste your money on the camber kit.

It's your rear that will be out the most - the kit is only for the front - and it doesn't fit very well - two LLSOC members that tried it removerd it because it fit so poorly it looked unsafe.

With only a 1" drop you should be able to get within 1 degree - which is fine for street use and wioll make the cornering a tad bit better.

I actually have mine at 1.5 degrees.

Sounds good, sorry for not searching, I'm just in extreme planning mode, just ordered the wheels so I'm pretty hyped up right now lol. Thanks Lou.

Welcome to the Eibach Spring club! You're gonna love your LS even more now since you have it lowered. It'll handle better than you'll imagine. Your LS looks great too. As stated above don't waste your money on the camber kit. Just keep your tires rotated at every oil change and you'll be fine.

GrayGhost1 said:
Welcome to the Eibach Spring club! You're gonna love your LS even more now since you have it lowered. It'll handle better than you'll imagine. Your LS looks great too. As stated above don't waste your money on the camber kit. Just keep your tires rotated at every oil change and you'll be fine.

The cars at the stealership right know getting an alignment. I love the way it drives know. Thanks again Ken for the springs.

Members online

Back