Newbie with a pair of mark VIII's

MissLSC

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

New here with a pair of Mark VIII's

One is a 93 and it runs but poorly, I was told it has a blown head gasket, but I never believe what I'm told by a previous owner.

The second one is a 98 in much better condition but doesn't run, sounds shallow on cranking so I'm thinking timing issue.

I'm a mechanic but I mostly deal with old classic cars. I'm here to learn everything about these marks which I see are modern hot rods. I acquired these Mark's through a trade and I intend to keep 2 door, sexy cars on the road where they belong.

So hello and excuse my lurking around the mark VIII forum

I'm primarily interested on how I'm going to get the engines out because at their ages, I would like to pull the engines one at a time, get it on a stand and really go thorugh it.

I see where the valve covers don't come off very easy against those inner fenders.

Here's a pic of the 98

20200214_154855.jpg

Good to hear your keeping these on the road and restoring them!! Welcome to the forum! You'll find everything you'll need on the Mark VIII. Look for LVC gatherings in your area!! Check out Lincoln and Continental Owners Club Home - Lincoln & Continental Owners Club There are chapters all over. Car shows, meet and greets a lot of great people too.

Have fun and keep the car community going.
-Svets

Members online

Back