"Newbie" to the LS Lincoln, & this board as well. From South Carolina! :)

landOFlincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Greetings ya'll :) The name is Kevin, & I live here in SC. I'll tell you how I "got into" these cars & how it came to be...

I guess I might border on what some call "enthusiast" by some people's standards, yet I know that can be defined in multiple ways I'm sure. I've now bought 14 cars in the last 10 years, the '05 LS with the Premium Pkg that I just picked up in the middle of last week. To rattle off most of them (and not in this order but it's easier to recall 'em ), a '93, '94, '95, '96 & '97 Devilles...a '96 and '97 Continental...a '56 Chevy, '93 Foxbody, & a Mopar that currently occupies the garage :) Bought a 2 owner Infiniti G35 this past October, and that pretty much is my wife's car. The LS I picked up last week was a 1 owner, low mileage (less than 32k), and very clean as you might imagine. What can I say...I'm a sucker for 1 owner, low mileage, clean cars! :)

What I used to do & more for fun than for the money, is I would just get an "extra" car so to speak. I would then put 'em ALL up for sale (except the '56, the Foxbody & my Mopar), and it wouldn't matter to me which one sold, but I knew I was going to/had to get rid of one :) A/ways...

Well I sold our Dakota R/T Quad Cab in September I think it was...bought the Infiniti to replace that, but still needed a "back up" if the sled that I use for some of my work breaks down, and so...the hunt was on again. Well to make a long story short (or short story long, ha), I was dialed in to a number of BMWs, a few Devilles, and almost pulled the trigger on another Infiniti.

Well, while the dealer was getting an electrical issue settled with the car, BAM...along came this '05 showing up on my radar. I had NEVER considered them before, but again...1 owner, low mileage, and CLEAN caused me dial in on this one. I took the train down to Florida to pick it up, and drove it straight back after the p'work was completed. I had my wife drive it to take me to drop off my "sled" to get motor mounts replaced which is 3 miles down the road...drove just 1 mile to get the windows tinted, and it's taken on 2 waxings since then & remains parked :)

I then began to get online to find some info about the cars...find out what o/drivers are doing with them...viewing pics, etc and I would never have thought for the life of me that there was a board such as this for...ugh, LINCOLNS?!?! lol Yeah, I was all over the boards with my Foxbody & a member of a regional group where we had the usual "Meet~n~Greet" meetings, road rallies, etc. Anways...

I've reached out to a few members by way of a PM asking about their rides but thot to make it "official" by posting up in the "Welcome Wagon" forum as well. I'm not mechanically inclined at ALL...I simply drive 'em & know what looks good. Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder...I get that, and there are some real "beauts" on this board for sure. I'm on like page #101 right now of the picture thread, and at last count, there are I think 154 more to go! lol

A/ways....lemme quit rambling and bring this to a close.

I know the best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry, but my intent as of now is...

1. Sell the OEM chrome 16" wheels/tires. I'm sure there's a purist out there that will want them.
2. Lower the car (this is what I'm struggling with trying to find exactly how to replicate certain rides on this board).
3. Find the right tire/wheel package to replace the stock chrome wheels. 18" for sure, and 19" a possibility at this point.
4. Look at the LS sittin' in the driveway.
5. Take another look at the LS sittin' in the driveway.
6. Stare at the LS a bit more, being careful to not become too obsessed :).
7. Wax the LS again for the umpteenth time :)
8. Steal a few more peeks at the LS~~~~~~~ :)

All for now. I can be reached directly @ kkeene@sc.rr.com

for number 2 everyone uses eibach or if your really bold they use coilovers

Welcome. EBay or locally will be your best bet to sell those wheels, most on here get rid of them so you probably wind find a buyer here.

+1 on eibachs, but if you want a more serious setup, stance coilovers are available for the ls now

Members online

No members online now.
Back