Newbie, Saying hey and have a few questions

TreyB

LVC Member
Reaction score
Im Trey and I just traded my car in for an LS and I love it. It's black w/ black interior and plain Jane wheels. Obviously i'm new to the LS so I don't know where to go for aftermarket parts. I don't think im going for speed as of right now due to the warranty but I do plan on doing an engine swap and/or upgrades in the near future. A few things I was interested in are the LSE grill ( Can the LSE grill co exist with the chrome part above my grill? ) LSE front bumper, I would like to find out if anyone out there makes a bottom chrome grill that looks flush with the top part? Another thing is I had a Harley F-150 and some people ( myself included ) would get the piece on the Blackwood the part under the the window ( Its chrome looking ) and if would fit on the Harley. Is there anything like this for the LS? Something off of another car that would look good that you can put on an LS? Thanks, Trey

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you have a lot of aspirations for this car. You may want to check the engine swap thread that has been going for a few days now; you really can't swap the engine without MAJOR work.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the LS. What year Harley F150 did you have. I had a 2000 Harley F150 for 2 years and a 2002 Harley F150 for 1 1/2 years. The 02 is what I traded for the LS. I sure miss the Supercharger but not the gas cost that went with it.

What year LS did you get? I am assuming 04. Did you get the 6 or 8?

You will find that their is not nealry as much aftermarket available for the LS as there is for the F150.

I had an 02 for 1 1/2 years. I loved the truck but thought it was time to settle down to something a little more mature. Plus they gave me $9800 off sticker. I got a v6 because I knew if I got a v8 I would be to tempted to mod it as far as the serious mods go. Did you have anything done to your HD? I had a Kenne Bell on mine for a few months other than that it was just for looks. Thanks to everyone who replied. TreyB

TreyB said:
Im Trey and I just traded my car in for an LS and I love it. It's black w/ black interior and plain Jane wheels. Obviously i'm new to the LS so I don't know where to go for aftermarket parts. I don't think im going for speed as of right now due to the warranty but I do plan on doing an engine swap and/or upgrades in the near future. A few things I was interested in are the LSE grill ( Can the LSE grill co exist with the chrome part above my grill? ) LSE front bumper, I would like to find out if anyone out there makes a bottom chrome grill that looks flush with the top part? Another thing is I had a Harley F-150 and some people ( myself included ) would get the piece on the Blackwood the part under the the window ( Its chrome looking ) and if would fit on the Harley. Is there anything like this for the LS? Something off of another car that would look good that you can put on an LS? Thanks, Trey

Trey,

Congratulations on your new LS! You're gonna love it. Check out my website for LS aftermarket parts at www.lskoncepts.com. It's a temporary website until the full blown site gets up in mid-August. However, there are links to some products I offer for the LS.

Again, congratulations and welcome to the "LS Grin Club".

Trey....
welcome to the ls club....:) As for aftermarket parts...I have a few avail at my web site also.....
its www.lincolndde.com/gallery
again welcome to the Lincoln Ls. your going to love the car.....
Eleanor

I did not do any performance modes to mine. I did not want to mess with the warranty. The mods I had where Lightning Clear Tail Lights, Autometer Boost Gauge, Soft Tonnau Cover, Alarm and Remote Start, Billet Antenna, Billet Tilt Steering Lever and Orange painted Calipers. I also had a full sound system in the Truck.

I still miss the Truck but the cost off Gas and the amount off work to keep it clean was getting to me.

Driveway.JPG

Last edited:
04LSSport said:
I did not do any performance modes to mine. I did not want to mess with the warranty. The mods I had where Lightning Clear Tail Lights, Autometer Boost Gauge, Soft Tonnau Cover, Alarm and Remote Start, Billet Antenna, Billet Tilt Steering Lever and Orange painted Calipers. I also had a full sound system in the Truck.

I still miss the Truck but the cost off Gas and the amount off work to keep it clean was getting to me.

Driveway.JPG

Love those Harley Trucks!! :gr_hail:

How do you find the power of the LS with the V6? I was very spoiled from the Truck so at first the car seemed kind of slow. Of the line it is but once you are moving it can go very nicely. Do you have the SelectShift options? I really like having it as it allows me to push the revs higher than the car would do on its own. I now have about 5500 km (3400 miles) on the car and it is starting to "wake up". The car feels very solid on the road at any speed and corners great.

Members online

No members online now.
Back