Newbie in da House!!! 84 Mark VII 302 need help with everything!

Brian Williams

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey gang!!! Man, I must say I have been wanting to get on here and talk to you misguided and truly obsessed individuals! We nee help! It is beyond me why I MUST spend money on this old car that I could have easily just parked on the corner and sold to the first guy for 500.00.

But hey my grand dad gave it to me and I started to drive it and it started to take over and change me! It is an Evil car!!! It says Fix ME! Love ME!

Any way enough of the psycho babble. I have 3 direct questions I need help with right now! First below!

1) I just started 4 months ago with the car and have replaced what I have had to. It is still stock but I have redone the interior, headliner, leather and installed a great stereo! Kenwood, Rockford 400 w 4 channel punch amp sounds great Nice speakers the works!!

What I have really been focusing on is the mechanical engine stuff, all the hoses and the electronic crap that can break on this car. But the alternator went out on me and I just put a new 100 amp 61/2 inch base in and the power is visibly noticed.

However, it is idling all CRAZY and it running really rich. I have been trying to adjust that Dash Pot that controls the car from stalling? I really don’t know but seem to think that the computer should do this. Please! Any Suggestions??! More to Come!! Good to be here!
:give

wow.. does that have a vv carb?? can't remember.... they were problematic though.. wasn't there a holley replacment?? just flipping the mental rolodex....anyhow i vote 514 crate replacment.. haha.lol

VV or Throttel Back? Not sure...

fordtechguru said:
wow.. does that have a vv carb?? can't remember.... they were problematic though.. wasn't there a holley replacment?? just flipping the mental rolodex....anyhow i vote 514 crate replacment.. haha.lol

Dude I am not sure?I have found out a mix of info on the carb. What is the best way to go with a replacement Straight Injection or good ol Holley 4 barrel and a turbo?

I also found out that my before I got the car my grand dad replaced the air shocks. However, it keeps tilting and letting out the air when it is not supposed to. Is that the computer or some sensor?

Members online

Back