Newbie from Phoenix, AZ

David97VIII

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody. David here, from Phoenix, AZ. I've recently acquired this 1997 Mark VIII with 102k miles on the odo.

So far, its current mods are Strutmasters coil spring conversion, straight 2.5" exhaust with x-pipe from the cats all the way back, removed the filter from airbox, deleted the resonator in the fender well and installed a conical filter in its place, and installed a B&M ShiftPlus+ electronic shift improver.

It's got Nitto NT450 275/50/17's in the rear and 225/55/17's up front on 17" ASA wheels which were put on by the previous owner.

For sound, I've installed a Pioneer AVH-120BT touch screen head unit, four Skar Audio RPX68 2-way 6x8 speakers powered by a Skar Audio RP-75.4AB amplifier, and two 12" Soundstream BassExtreme subwoofers powered by a Skar Audio RP-1500.1D amplifier.

Before anyone flames me, I already know that the tires are directional and the driver's side rear tire is on backwards. The previous owner let that one slip, and I'm gonna have it remounted once I put in new tie rod ends and have it aligned.

With that said, the front end needs some work, there's some play in the steering, and some screeching and popping noises coming from the front end when I turn the steering wheel in reverse. My plan is to do the ball joints, sway bar links, and tie rod ends all at the same time and hopefully all will be well.

Anyways, this is my Mark VIII. I've got many mods planned for the future, so I'll keep posting as I do them. I'm open to any suggestions from the experienced Mark VIII owners. I'd like to at least break into the 13's with this beast.

Thanks for checking out my car!

View attachment 828573628

View attachment 828573629

View attachment 828573630

View attachment 828573631

View attachment 828573632

View attachment 828573634

View attachment 828573636

View attachment 828573637

View attachment 828573638

View attachment 828573639

View attachment 828573640

Nice ride. After doing my own dual exhaust up grade, and seeing yours, I can see why you need all that poly over amps. They must hear you in the next county when you fire that puppy up! Before you buy front end parts, I suggest go to rock auto and get the ball joints & upper A arms with grease fittings. The joints them selves are of better quality than the cheaper non greaser sets. Don't ask me how I know.... My front end drives perfect & quiet now since I changed everything except the tie rod ends, they were solid.

Nice car. I had a double x on my old exhaust to help keep the drone down. Also for the transmission I'd recommend a becontrols valve body recalibration kit.

Members online

Back