newbe question

lead sled

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just joined this forum and have found some great information. I considering purchasing a Mark VIII, but was wondering what it would take to install a T56 manual trans or a Ford 5sp?????? I'm sure that the auto that came in the car is a great trans but I'm addicted to shifting gears, and I already have a T56.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks Wayne

Welcome.

This has been discussed many times by many people on many boards. End result -- Cant do it. You have to pretty much redesign the whole interior among other things.

The Lincoln Mark VIII is a great car --- you wont regret the choice. Welcome to our site, I hope you become a frequent poster.

If you like shifting, install the baumann shift kit and get a standard shifter handle.

Operating instructions:
1. Turn the car on
2. Pull the stock shifter into the "D" postition
3. Pick up your new stick shift, hold onto it tightly
4. Hit the go pedal and feel free to make all the shifter and clucth movements that you want.
5. Hang on cause youre going for a ride!
6. After stopping, put the transmission back into "P" and put the D collar around your neck because you will have wiplash from more presice and harder shifts than you could dream about.

EDIT - And its a lot cheaper too, even if you buy a real nice shifter handle ;)

Last edited:
Hey, people do it with Mark VII's, I don't see how it would be that much harder with a Mark VIII.

thamarkman said:
Hey, people do it with Mark VII's, I don't see how it would be that much harder with a Mark VIII.
mark7 and 8 are 2 cars that couldnt be more different if they were bicycles.
if you like ramming your hands into stuff then sure knock yourself out.
can the setup be done yes is it worth it even a little hell no. if you like :q:q:q:qing gears get a full manual valvebody for the 4r70w im sure someone will make it some where. or else do what the previous post suggests or buy a m7.
Eric

Members online

No members online now.
Back