New wheel pics!!!!!!!!!

Kane's LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Some staggered 20" rims i got of ebay on my 2000 Ls....(car is dirty) keep in my mind i only had the car for two weeks, so im on my way to the LS world..

LINCOLN LS 003.jpg

LINCOLN LS 004.jpg

LINCOLN LS 008.jpg

LINCOLN LS 006.jpg

clean, looks nice..... Are those gunmetal cuz they don't look chrome well beside the lip

Great lookin wheels man, but looks like they gonna rub pretty bad huh...

Thanks guys, there hyper silver i did'nt want chrome rims i wanted to try something different, and i hope they dont rub i dont plan on lowering the car, in New York our streets are RUFF!!!

sorry bro. they are going to rub.

chrome door pillars = boooo.
car w/o em = nice...

shaddd up chrome pillars are the :q:q:q:q :p...lol. Im thinkin of gettin them and the chrome grill on ebay.....

Hey nice looking wheels and color. Looks like the rear end got scuffed a little. Yae man because you have the chrome bumpers I would take off the chrome pillars but that is just my preference. Too much chrome is tacky but good choice on the hyper silver instead of chrome.

Thanks again, i know alot of chrome is tacky thats why i did'nt get chrome rims, but i do like the pillars....and i drove around all day today and hit some bumps and no rubbing at all with 3 people in the car...im ganna get that rear scuff out, my dumb brother hit my LS parked with his audi..

The first picture looks photoshopped lol
Then i saw the rest of the pics,
looks nice but its gonna rub alot bro :(

I don't know where or why you people go off roading with a LS to expect that its gunna rub. If it gets dropped it will rub but at normal height it wont rub at all unless your being stupid. And if those wheels are something you want then realize that there is things that you should and could do to make the fit witthout rubbing after lowering it.

The Lincoln LS isnt the only car getting wheels fitted like this, im sure people figured out something abit more universal in METHOD to make it work.

BTW, those wheels look ok what brand are they? I prefer hyper colors over any unless its a nice brushed finish like a cool set of WED's or something.

Thanks for the comments guys, and thanks Eliot Ness Ls i dont plan to lower the car and like i said before i drove with 3 people in the car and no rubbing at all...and the name of the rims are Ikon 062's...i plan to do more to the car but i thought i would start with some rims..

You don't need to be stupid to get the wheels rubbing, neither you need to go off roading. All you need is one or two people with you highway speed (over 60mph) and an uneven surface. Then see what happens. You have 20s, don't you know??? Especially with them sticking out like that, the first big bump on the freeway gonna make it rub very bad in the back, even without any passagers.

Man, I ain't hating on these wheels or anything, I am just telling the simple truth.

I don't know where or why you people go off roading with a LS to expect that its gunna rub. If it gets dropped it will rub but at normal height it wont rub at all unless your being stupid. And if those wheels are something you want then realize that there is things that you should and could do to make the fit witthout rubbing after lowering it.

The Lincoln LS isnt the only car getting wheels fitted like this, im sure people figured out something abit more universal in METHOD to make it work.

I have 20's that sit flush and I never have any problems on the highway even with moveing like I recently did ( more weight than 3 people ). Yes you do have to be stupid.

i guess im stupid. i have 245/35/r20's and i rub every day. highway speeds especially but sometimes just indented manholes will make me bottom out. gosh im so stupid.

all I gotta say it's BULLLL :q:q:q:qTT. I had 20s for 2 years on my LS and they were well offset (40). I rubbed when I had people in the back on the freeway with 245/35 tires on the bumps. After I trimmed my fender liner, that's when the rear rubbing stopped.

The only 20s that I can see not rubbing are the Foose 20s, they have a higher offset and don't rub.

I have 20's that sit flush and I never have any problems on the highway even with moveing like I recently did ( more weight than 3 people ). Yes you do have to be stupid.

Man, you stupid. how it a world can you freakin rub???? So stupid. lol

i guess im stupid. i have 245/35/r20's and i rub every day. highway speeds especially but sometimes just indented manholes will make me bottom out. gosh im so stupid.

Lots of reasons stupid, like a warped liner that sags in the spot it rubs, bad shock/struts. Get real and get some experience before you cry about stupid shlt like this.

All I gotta say is its bull:q:q:q:q that you people say you don't do anything wrong to cause rub!

The guy that owns the wheels admits to not rubbing and so did others. Look into it a bit more, I know people personally as well as other forums that make the car just by putting wheels on it and they will tell you the same thing, YOUR A FUQING IDIOT IF YOU SAY YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING TO CAUSE IT TO RUB!

all I gotta say it's BULLLL TT. I had 20s for 2 years on my LS and they were well offset (40). I rubbed when I had people in the back on the freeway with 245/35 tires on the bumps. After I trimmed my fender liner, that's when the rear rubbing stopped.

The only 20s that I can see not rubbing are the Foose 20s, they have a higher offset and don't rub.

Really? Cause you know everything right? My luffs were 20x fuqing 10, I had them a long time ago and had them all the way around eventually I got sick of so much poke with out tucking them in. Now I got the Carlton's, 20x9 the rim sits flush with the fender and I don't have my car lowered at this point. So tell me why it would be bullll:q:q:q:qtt that my wheels don't rub. If the damn car was lowered it would rub! But its not so get fuqing over it and realize they wont rub for the simple fact that its not a lowered car we are talking about in most of these cases.

Listen R-bones, my car was in like new condition when I put my 20s on it. My suspension was in excelent condition as well. I was still rubbing on the freeway when hitting big bumps. Even when I replaced the shocks it was still rubbing.

The guy has had those wheels on only for few days and hasn't experienced the rubbing yet, but I can see from the pictures that he will.

What Luffs?? What are you talking about??

The car rubs because when it travels on higher velocity (speed) and goes over an uneven surface (bumps and such) , the suspension compresses and the bigger tires (245/35/20 are bigger than the stock 235/50/17s for you to understand) rub against the fender liner. But if you have 20x10 wheels with big 275 tires (in this particular case) sticking out like that, it might even rub to the metal lip.

I didn't know that if somebody has problems with their suspension means that they are stupid...

Also, don't cus so much, makes you look like a 13 year old girl that just started her period. If you got something to say, explain in a mannor that everybody understands.

Lots of reasons stupid, like a warped liner that sags in the spot it rubs, bad shock/struts. Get real and get some experience before you cry about stupid shlt like this.

All I gotta say is its bull:q:q:q:q that you people say you don't do anything wrong to cause rub!

The guy that owns the wheels admits to not rubbing and so did others. Look into it a bit more, I know people personally as well as other forums that make the car just by putting wheels on it and they will tell you the same thing, YOUR A FUQING IDIOT IF YOU SAY YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING TO CAUSE IT TO RUB!

Really? Cause you know everything right? My luffs were 20x fuqing 10, I had them a long time ago and had them all the way around eventually I got sick of so much poke with out tucking them in. Now I got the Carlton's, 20x9 the rim sits flush with the fender and I don't have my car lowered at this point. So tell me why it would be bullll:q:q:q:qtt that my wheels don't rub. If the damn car was lowered it would rub! But its not so get fuqing over it and realize they wont rub for the simple fact that its not a lowered car we are talking about in most of these cases.

Now I'm R Bones? What a Grease Ball! The car rubs cause you have a problem, the first thing when pro shops that wont do any custom work to your car to make your wheels fit is make sure they are going to be the same overall diameter. So why the hell would these wheels rub and not the stock 17" set up stupid? Ill take some pics and show you the fact that my 17's that came on the damn car are bigger with the factory tires than my OD on my 20" wheels.

I didn't know that if somebody has problems with their suspension means that they are stupid...

No but what does make you stupid is not admitting to the fact and understanding that this is the problem!

275 Tires? I had 245's maybe thats why they didn't rub, maybe I thought of the fact that in a stupid situation it might rub and might need some simple adjustments to make things work the right way. And again that tire will rub if the car is lowered I am pretty sure I made that point clear.

OK so lets all go out and buy 5,000$ suits to go play Rugby in. Its the same damn thing, why pay so much for nice wheels if your going to drive like a jack ass and ruin something? If you cant uderstand that some events might happen by accident and you need to be carefull again your stupid, sorry for beeing so blunt!

Also, don't cus so much, makes you look like a 13 year old girl that just started her period. If you got something to say, explain in a mannor that everybody understands.

And your one to talk? Get real!

What luffs? I had 20x10 Luff D2's whan I started this forum and I sold them right after cause I couldnt pull the rear fenders ( Cause of the door beeing in the way ) so I could tuck them in after I dropped the car! Then I drove on my old 17's that came on the car (so I do have multiple experinces with the two different sizes before and after) and I noticed that they actualy felt worse than the others. Shortly after that I got my TSW Carlton's and now Im still in the process of repairing any scuffs and getting them painted.

They look good!

i dont plan on lowering the car, in New York our streets are RUFF!!!

Smart move. I lowered mine and have blown out two Falkens in a few months thanks to the roads here in NYC. Between craters, small potholes with sharp edges and those steel plates, it's like a video game trying to avoid them all. :mad:

Style of that wheel looks good. But the offset is clearly incorrect. And the wheelwell gap is a bit excessive. But not much you can do there since lowering is definitely out of the question.

They will rub under certain conditions, as others have stated.

But as long as you are satisfied, that's all that matters.

Enjoy.

R-Bones, I have no idea where you saw the 245/35/20s being smaller than the 235/50/17s... I say you need a tire size calculator.

Here, I found one for you: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Well, I even put the numbers in for you, I thought it might be hard for you to understand how it works.

Ok, stock 235/50/17 tire's overall diameter (height) is 26.3" and the 245/35/20 tire's overall diameter (height one more time) is 26.8". See any difference??

Which on is taller? 26.3" or 26.8"? (hint: the second one)

Oh yea and put that picture that you promised up too.

Ok my friend, the aftermarket wheels being 1" wider than the OEM wheels (20x8.5 vs 17x7.5), plus the offset around 40mm, which is a big jump from the stock 60mm offset give us a huge possibility of rubbing. So far you understood everything? Hope you did.

Also, as I said before, from higher speed and uneven surfaces the car's suspension compresses (physics) and the stickin out wheels with wide tires rub against the fender liner even if the car is not lowered. I don't know maybe you have 20"x7.5" wheels and your don't rub, but 90% LS that have 20" wheels over here use 20x8.5 and most of them rub. As I stated before the only 20" wheels that I can think of that don't rub in 20x8.5 size are Foose wheels that have offset higher than 40. I am not talkin about 275/30/20 tires on 20x10s wheels anymore, because that's out of question.

Oh, yea man and about the 13 y.o. girl that just started her period, you know I thought about it and you know I am a generous man and I work in a hospital, I rescue people, give me your address and I'll send you a box of tampons...

Now I'm R Bones? What a Grease Ball! The car rubs cause you have a problem, the first thing when pro shops that wont do any custom work to your car to make your wheels fit is make sure they are going to be the same overall diameter. So why the hell would these wheels rub and not the stock 17" set up stupid? Ill take some pics and show you the fact that my 17's that came on the damn car are bigger with the factory tires than my OD on my 20" wheels.

No but what does make you stupid is not admitting to the fact and understanding that this is the problem!

275 Tires? I had 245's maybe thats why they didn't rub, maybe I thought of the fact that in a stupid situation it might rub and might need some simple adjustments to make things work the right way. And again that tire will rub if the car is lowered I am pretty sure I made that point clear.

OK so lets all go out and buy 5,000$ suits to go play Rugby in. Its the same damn thing, why pay so much for nice wheels if your going to drive like a jack ass and ruin something? If you cant uderstand that some events might happen by accident and you need to be carefull again your stupid, sorry for beeing so blunt!

And your one to talk? Get real!

What luffs? I had 20x10 Luff D2's whan I started this forum and I sold them right after cause I couldnt pull the rear fenders ( Cause of the door beeing in the way ) so I could tuck them in after I dropped the car! Then I drove on my old 17's that came on the car (so I do have multiple experinces with the two different sizes before and after) and I noticed that they actualy felt worse than the others. Shortly after that I got my TSW Carlton's and now Im still in the process of repairing any scuffs and getting them painted.

Members online

No members online now.
Back