New Transmission Anyone?

free139stylz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone here know where I can get a used or new Transmission for a 2000 v8 lincoln ls?

D5,D4 doesnt go into gear and reverse doesnt work.. The only time the car will go into gear is when I put it on Select Shift.

But when you use the select shift, it works fine in any/all 5 gears?
Does the dash indicator show "R" and "D5" and "D4" when you put the shifter in those positions?
Does the dash indicator show the correct gear when you use SST?

If you answered Yes, No, and Yes, then it sounds like you probably need a new shifter, not a new transmission. If that's the case, consider yourself lucky.

Yea thanks for the input but it shows up what gear im in and all of that. Acually when I put it in reverse it goes as fast as is would without pressing on the gas so I move in reverse like 2 mph as soon as I press the gas it stops me and just revs the engine up. When I shift in select shift the engine sometimes revs up before the gear will catch like if im going from second to third when I shift it will but it will rev up then catch the gear seems like the timming or somthing is off.. If im in like the perfect RPM's before i shift it sometime does it smoothly.
I got in the car this morning and put it in D5 and she drove then as soon as I tried reverse and then put it back in D5 again she wouldnt move so I just took it to a local transmission place up the road to get looked at I just dont wanna get raped to bad on the price

free139stylz said:
Anyone here know where I can get a used or new Transmission for a 2000 v8 lincoln ls?

You can get a used one at a junkyard.

You can get a new one at the dealer.

Helpful, arn't I? :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back