New Towncar

iloco

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to stop in since I'm new to the forum, and just purchased a 1997 Towncar Signature.

I'm 29 yo, so I've been looking around here for ideas on "pimpin out" the TC. I have only owned sports cars in the past, so this will certainly take some getting used to (2000 Corvette coupe, 1999 Camaro SS, 1989 Camaro IROC Z28). I'm going to concentrate on appearance mods first... love the Daytons on the TCs... but my wife no likey... probably go with something similar to the new TC polished 5 spokes. Fender trim and tinting are going in on Monday. Hopefully have the wheels in a month or so and then DVD/subs. Then I'll be more comfy with it hopefully.

Anyway, glad to be here.

you should definatly get daytons, i want some for my 95, but i dont have any money, im only 17.what color is yours? fender trim is nice, i have some.
ps, :W

Thanks all. Mine is the almond color. Beige, whatever... not sure what it was called by Lincoln.

iloco said:
Just wanted to stop in since I'm new to the forum, and just purchased a 1997 Towncar Signature.

:W :V I too drive a '97 Town Car Presidential and a '99 Town Car Executive. You will find it to be an awesome car. I love my '97 and will keep it until I run the wheels off of it. I love the body style, the comfort, the quiet ride, and the reliability of the car. Warning: They are addicting. Once you own a Lincoln, it is hard to consider any other make.

I'm A "lifer" W/ Towncars

When all the other teenagers in the 80's were just getting driving permits they all wanted the "IROC." Not me! I wanted the TOWNCAR! I finally got one, and now I'm on my 2nd one. The very first day I drove my first TOWNCAR I knew I could never ever even consider driving anything else! Once you have the best nothing else will do!

TOWNCAR-CHIC-96 said:
When all the other teenagers in the 80's were just getting driving permits they all wanted the "IROC." Not me! I wanted the TOWNCAR! I finally got one, and now I'm on my 2nd one. The very first day I drove my first TOWNCAR I knew I could never ever even consider driving anything else! Once you have the best nothing else will do!
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo....why mess with a good thing? :joke

Nahhhhh....Daytons are sweet if they're the same size as the original rims or bigger IMO. Those tiny little bow-legged go-kart wheels look silly. I can always tell the age of a car owner by their choice of rollers. Why let the cops know also?

A Town Car is already pimpin'...eh?:iconcur: P.T.

attachment.jpg

Stephan said:
:W :V Once you own a Lincoln, it is hard to consider any other make.

Speak for yourself

Im selling my 96 Town Car for my 1990 Cadillac Brougham.
The big Cadillac rides better.

I do love my town car, but from experience i will never replace a motor in one again. As i did with mine. Bugs are never ironed out, and it got so stressful. I know once i sell it i probably couldnt find another like it.

96 with 70008 Miles The motor has the same miles (used) and since the miles were within 100 of the car and motor i went for it.

Do the the conti.'s have the same series as the T.C.'s?

Members online

No members online now.
Back