New Town Car Owner

Nyshadow

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just Picked up a 1992 Lincoln Towncar Signature seris. Car has 166K on the ODO. This will be my first ford. It has a few issues though i would like to fix with the help of you guys of coruse. :D

Does the car still only top out at 78 miles per hour? Ever figure out the cause of that?

Does the car still only top out at 78 miles per hour? Ever figure out the cause of that?

Yes it still does, and no i didn't figure out the cause of it. It's real weird. It goes exactly 79 MPH and will not go any faster, feels like a limiter or something. :confused:

yes it was the original tranny and engine synthetic goes along way
my 93 did 100 and my 95 will do 102 dam limiters

Congrats Nyshadow. I own a 94 with 215K and altho it's rusted out (my fault) I loved the car. Didn't have the optional towing package and was warned about towing anything. Also installed platinum plugs. Overall a great car and the only problems I encountered were rust related....should've had it Krowned/oil as per my mechanic's advice. Also IF (touches head/wood) rear air suspension goes consider getting a spring replacement-much cheaper, easy DIY and changes the ride very little imho.
Cheers and good luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back