new to the lincoln fam question about my car

lincolnboy333

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So i just installed an aftermarket air intake for my car, and it ran great for about 2 hours. on the way home i noticed the car started jerking slightly at 25 mph and at 35 mph.

i then did some homework and found two options, either i have to rest my MAS, or my ignition coils are going bad. if any one can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

lincolnboy333

Very unlikely to have anything to do with your new air filter/duct. Very possibly a coil or coils and plugs.

KS

Welcome To The LS World

A search will show that the coils are a well-known problem, requiring replacement every so often. It's best to simply replace them all when there begins to be a problem. Again, a search will show that it's a good idea to explore the possibility of leaking cam cover gaskets with the concomitant problem of oil-soaked plug-wells, plugs needing replacement due to the oil-soak, and the coil problem---all occurring inter-dependently. Simply deal with all difficulties at the same time. Again, 'search' is your friend. And please don't be afraid to ask for further help. We're all in this together!!

KS

(This sort of question is usually addressed in the main forum)

Members online

Back