New to the forums, couple pictures of my lincoln

BigLinc

LVC Member
Reaction score
`83 town car, ive put alot of time into this car over the last couple years

lockedupLinc.jpg

Digital Pictures 005.jpg

evillally said:

thanks, has 2 pumps 10 batteries, full chrome undercarriage, chromed motor and shaved firewall, soon to be painted pearl white and gettin gold varigated leaf pinstriping

Welcome to LVC! You should join the Midwest Chapter!! Id love to see that at a meet here in chicago!!

Joeychgo said:
Welcome to LVC! You should join the Midwest Chapter!! Id love to see that at a meet here in chicago!!

i had my car in chicago a couple times about 2 years ago, sence then ive started the rebuild on it, the pics without the dog house are its current condition, i still have to do alot of wiring to clean up the engine bay and eliminate emissions and the heat and a/c wires that are no longer needed, im hoping to be done by june, its been a long project, i had expected it to take 5 months which has turned into a year last month because of issues with chrome platers, but i would love to meet up as soon as its done!

:L

thanks for the warm welcome guys

here it is with the chrome steering linkage installed and powder coated rotors to match the frame and engine

Digital Pictures 024.jpg

Hey BigLinc...

Why you did paint on the frames?? I dont know if is a good idea to paint on the frames? I think not a good idea, maybe just me?

Its powdercoating and it helps protect the frame from rust. I can't think of any negative things about it.

Jason_Towncoupe80 said:
Hey BigLinc...

Why you did paint on the frames?? I dont know if is a good idea to paint on the frames? I think not a good idea, maybe just me?

what do u mean by frames?

this car is basicly going to be a street driven show car, every piece i put back on it is painted, chromed or powder coated and everything that can be new is new

BigLinc said:
what do u mean by frames?

this car is basicly going to be a street driven show car, every piece i put back on it is painted, chromed or powder coated and everything that can be new is new

Alright, I understand what you mean clearly.:Beer

finally got my calibers back from the chrome shop, got them installed today, along with my cool flex coolant hoses

Digital Pictures 027.jpg

Digital Pictures 026.jpg

Have you ever thought about adding stainless steel rocker panel moulding like they used in 84' and up?

thamarkman said:
Have you ever thought about adding stainless steel rocker panel moulding like they used in 84' and up?

yes i have, ive been looking for a decent set for about 3 years with no luck, i may end up just putting murals along that part of the car if i cant find a set soon

brentalan said:
Wow, very cool! EVERYTHING is painted!

yes, everything is chrome, powdercoated or painted

i just sent the transmission crossmember out for chrome last week and im having a custom drive shaft built in california that will be chrome also

im a chrome-oholic

Yeah, Jason. Painting or coating the frame and underbody help protect against rust. Moby's all coated, thogh the coating's old and some new coating might be nice.... tranny needs fixed first though. :)

Hey, Big Linc, are those front turn lights custom ribbed to look like the ones on the 75-79 Lincolns?

Oh, yeah.. and Welcome. :)

Sweet looking ride

Thats what I love about this site. All types of rides, from all types of people. I like them stock, I like them modifies. I like them low key, I like them wild. Just make it a personal statement of who you are, not who someone else thinks you should be.

Members online

No members online now.
Back